These Amaretto Peaches & Cream Chia Pudding Trifles are like a peach cobbler, minus all the effort, plus some amaretto. With layers of creamy chia seed pudding; sweet, amaretto marinated peaches, honey spiked whipped cream, crushed amaretti cookies and rich caramel sauce, these trifles are the perfect creamy treat for summer!
I know Monday was the longest day of the year, but so far this week has also felt like the longest week of the year. Maybe it’s the hot weather and my desire to lounge in the sun while eating all the cold treats humanly possible. It certainly makes it hard to focus on work.
Summertime seems to bring with it a vacation state of mind… and currently I’m feeling all kinds of lazy. Have you guys hopped on board the chia seed bandwagon yet? If you haven’t, let’s just say you are missing out. And you are fashionably very late to the ‘chia on all the things’ party. But don’t fret, there is no time to join the party like the present. 😉
Ever since I made Cinnamon-Maple Chia Seed Pudding with Bananas Foster Topping I have been eating chia seed pudding, in all sorts of flavors, on repeat.
But, I have been wanting to give chia seed pudding an elegant makeover. So, when the opportunity to work with Dream and their new line of Ultimate Almond presented itself, I decided it was the perfect time to fancy up one of my favorite breakfast/snack/dessert treats. New Dream Ultimate Almond Beverages are seriously amazing, you guys. They contain 4 times more California almonds than other almond beverages. They also happen to be lactose, dairy, gluten and soy free, all while providing 5 grams of plant based protein in every serving.
But, what I really loved, is their beverages are not only found in the refrigerated section of Whole Foods (and soon Sprouts), but they are also available shelf-stable! I don’t know about you, but that fun fact deserves 5 cool points. Now I no longer have to worry about my almond beverages spoiling. I simply purchase a few Dream Ultimate Almond Beverages and keep my pantry stocked. Totally winning in the convenience department.
On top of all those fabulous benefits of Dream, their Ultimate Almond Beverage makes the creamiest chia pudding I have ever tasted. No joke. New meaning to creamy-dreamy going on here, people. Amaretto Peaches & Cream Chia Pudding Trifle
This trifle is everything summer should be about, friends. It tastes similar to a peach cobbler, minus all the effort, plus some amaretto and cool dreamy deliciousness.
This beauty is all about the layers.
Thick, creamy pudding loaded with gelatinous chia seeds and nuances of vanilla and almonds.
Silky, luscious, sweet, amaretto marinated peaches.
Light, fluffy, honey spiked whipped cream.
Crunchy, delectable, crushed amaretti cookies.
Smooth, rich caramel sauce.
I’m telling you, layers of pure, sweet heaven.
I chose to serve these in a brandy glasses and do a thick layer of each component, but this trifle can be made in a large bowl. Or, this would be so cute served in shot glasses! Of course, you can also do thinner, repeated layers if that makes your skirt fly up.
- I used fresh, unpeeled peaches for the amaretto marinated peaches. You can absolutely peel the peaches, if that’s how you roll. I included instructions on how to peel fresh peaches in the notes section of the recipe. You can also use frozen, defrosted and sliced peaches if you don’t have access to fresh. However, if you can get your hands on some freshly picked, ripe peaches, I highly suggest you use them. Nothing beat the taste of fresh!
- Skip the store bought whipped cream! Normally a short cut or two is perfectly fine, but since this trifle is a riff on peaches and cream, I recommend you make your own. It’s incredibly easy, tastes a million times better and the addition of honey really tastes delicious! Plus, the honey whipped cream will keep, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days in advance.
- If you can’t find amaretti cookies you can substitute almond macaroons or almond biscotti. If you can’t find either of those, you can substitute graham crackers as a last resort, but you will be missing the amazing almond flavor of amaretti cookies.
Give your chia seed pudding a peaches n’ cream twist with this tasty trifle! Pretty and perfect for summer, I know you guys are going to love this! Until next time friends, cheers – to terrific trifles!
*Get your coupon for Dream Ultimate Almond here and make this Amaretto Peaches & Cream Chia Pudding Trifle a reality!
*This post is sponsored by Dream Ultimate Almond and Honest Cooking. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make No Spoon Necessary possible!
- 2 Cups Dream Ultimate Almond Vanilla
- 1 Vanilla Bean – seeds removed
- 2 TBS Honey (can substitute Pure Maple Syrup)
- ½ Cup Chia Seeds
- Amaretto Peaches:
- 3 Peaches – pit removed and sliced into thin wedges
- ¼ Cup Amaretto
- ¼ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- Honey Whipped Cream: (yield: 2 cups)
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 TBS Honey
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Amaretti Cookies - crushed
- Caramel Sauce
- For the Pudding: In a large sealable jar, add the Dream Ultimate Almond, vanilla seeds, honey and chia seeds. Seal the jar and shake vigorously to combine the ingredients well. Place the jar in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Make the Amaretto Peaches: In a small sauce pan add the water and granulated sugar. Bring the contents to a boil over medium high heat. Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in amaretto. Add peaches and let marinated for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
- Make the Honey Whipped Cream: Add heavy cream to a large chilled mixing bowl. Using a hand held mixer, beat heavy cream on low speed for 2 minutes. Gradually increase the speed to medium, continuing to beat for another 2 minutes, or until soft peaks form. Add in honey and vanilla. Continue to beat on medium speed until medium-stiff peaks form, being careful NOT to over beat!
- Assemble: Divide the vanilla chia seed pudding between serving glasses. Add a layer of amaretto peaches to each glass and drizzle with reserved amaretto liquid. Top with honey whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce. Sprinkle with crushed cookies. Serve and enjoy.
You Might Also Like: