Tart, slightly sweet and smooth with a fruity apple forward taste, this Apple & Gin Cocktail is filled to the brim with warm fall flavors. Easy on the eyes and downright delicious, this cocktail is perfect for Thanksgiving!
Hi friends! Happy Thursday!
How has the second week of November been treating you? I certainly hope it has been fine and dandy!
BUT, in case it has been anything but all that jazz, rest assured your day is about to get infinitely better.
Because today we are drinking cocktails! *Clink clink*
And, if you are one of those individuals who needs a reason to indulge in a few bevvies, I have not one but THREE. Yes, THREE reasons to get your drink on! High fives! ✋
One. I’ll go ahead and state the very obvious. It IS #ThirstyThursday.
Two. Thanksgiving is exactly TWO weeks away. Holy moly, right? Only FOURTEEN days. I need a drink just to digest that information. But, your Thanksgiving celebration also needs, nay REQUIRES this house cocktail. And obviously you need to taste test this libation and tweak it to your liking before serving it up, pretty pitcher style, to your guests.
Three. The election was this week and I KNOW I am not the only one who NEEDS a drink after all that. Regardless of who you voted for, watching the polls come in was edge-of-your-seat, bite-your-nails-down-to-baby-stubs type of stressful. While we are clearly a nation divided on politics, I think we can all agree we deserve a cocktail. Or seven. 😉
So WITH rhyme and reason, let’s imbibe! 😉
Apple & Gin Autumn Cocktail
You guys, this drink is THE perfect autumn sipper and it would be a fabulous addition to your Thanksgiving celebration. I mean, it’s just not a party without a cocktail or two.
Am I right or am I right?
Tart, slightly sweet, and impossibly smooth with a fruity apple forward taste, hints of warm cinnamon spice and a touch of herbaceous thyme, this cocktail isn’t just easy on the eyes, it is also downright DELISH.
Filled to the brim with cozy, warm, fall flavors (and booze), this cocktail just might rival your dessert.
- Always make your cocktails to taste! The measurements in the recipe below are just my recommendations. You should use the recipe as a guideline and not a rule book. If you like a stiffer drink, use more gin. If you really love cinnamon, add more than a dash. Do you!
- You can make the honey simple syrup one of two ways. The quick way: mix the honey and water in a mason jar, or a container with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously until the honey dissolves. You just need to make sure the water you are using is HOT. The slower way: combine the honey and water in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir until the honey dissolves. Both methods end up with the same result – honey simple syrup.
- I used fresh apple cider in the recipe below, but you can use hard apple cider if you really want to get the party started. 😉
- You can easily triple or quadruple (or more) this recipe if serving a crowd. This cocktail would look really pretty in a pitcher with the apple and thyme garnishes. Or you could serve it party punch style in a big ‘ole bowl!
Toast the gifts of Thanksgiving and the ones you love with this Apple & Gin Autumn Cocktail.
Until next week friends, Cheers – to quenching your Thursday thirst.
- 4 ounces Gin
- 4 ounces Apple Cider
- 1 ounce Lime Juice
- 2 ounces Honey Simple Syrup
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Optional Garnishes:
- 2 Thyme Sprigs
- 1 Apple – cut into matchsticks
- Honey Simple Syrup:
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup HOT Water
- Make the honey simple syrup: Add the HOT water and honey to a mason jar and shake vigorously until the honey dissolves.
- For the cocktail: Combine gin, apple cider, lime juice, honey simple syrup, and cinnamon in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously until chilled.
- To serve: Fill two glasses with ice and matchstick apples. Strain cocktail to glasses and garnish with sprigs of thyme. Enjoy!
You Might Also Like: