Let me just say, if it’s not going so marvelously, your week is about to get infinitely better. And if your week is going fabulously, well, it’s still about to get better. Because BOOZY MILKSHAKES are about to happen.
But first I have a confession.
I made these stellar shakes… ohhh… about 3 months ago.
I first made this shake waaaay back when I made these white chocolate covered strawberry boozy milkshakes. And then I noticed a lot of people started posting milkshakes, and I didn’t want to overwhelm your face with boozy, party for the taste buds like treats.
Stupid reason? Yes.
But hopefully you forgive me, because I AM sharing them now! And that’s what matters right?!
Milkshakes make the summer world go round, but add a little booze and you will watch your world go round with little emoji hearts for eyes. 😍 <–True story.
AND, add a mash up of key lime and coconut cream pie flavors to the milkshake?! Holy LIFE.
Seriously, these milkshakes give new meaning to the phrase ‘life goals’. As in, your new goal in life will be to drink this on the regular. Aaaand repeat.
These magnificent milkshakes are deliciously decadent, creamy dreamy, and bodaciously boozy with magical notes of zesty key lime, toasted coconut and sweet graham crackers.
Essentially, these spectacular shakes are a cool, refreshing, slurp-able way to devour key lime pie and coconut cream pie ALL AT ONCE. And WITH BOOZE! <–How you win at life.
No rolling pin, no baking, no waiting… basically NO WORK.
Just .43 seconds and a blender is all it takes to get your pie face stuffing on, in boozy milkshake form – because YES you can get some dang satisfaction.
Not a whole lot of notes on this one, you guys. I just suggest you make these according to your taste and preferences.
- If you are crazy for coconut, I recommend you decrease the tequila and increase the coconut rum. Plus, you can add toasted shredded coconut to the actual milkshake, as well as using it for a garnish.
- If you are a key lime addict, increase the amount of key lime juice in the shake and swap out the tequila for key lime vodka.
- I found exactly 1 ½ sheets of graham crackers to be the perfect amount to give the shake a pie crust taste without being over whelming. However, if the crust is your favorite part of the pie, you can certainly add more crushed graham crackers to your shake!
- You can transfer the milkshake to an ice cream container and keep these milkshakes in the freezer for up to 2 months. I have been making these shakes for the past few months, tripling the amount and keeping them in the freezer to have on hand when I need a boozy little treat at the end of the day. It’s the best idea ever, and I strongly suggest you follow my lead. But maybe you should octuple (x 8) the amount. 😉
Until next week friends, cheers – to milkshakes and summer life goals.
- 3 Cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- ¼ Cup Irish Cream Liqueur
- 3 TBS Lime Vodka
- 2 TBS Tequila
- 3 TBS Coconut Rum
- 3 TBS Key Lime Juice
- 1 ½ Sheets of Graham Crackers
- Optional Garnishes:
- Graham Crackers
- Lime Zest
- Toasted Shredded Coconut
- Whipped Cream
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into chilled glasses and garnish if desired.
*Milkshake will keep, covered, in the freezer, for up to 2 months.
You Might Also Like: