This Cucumber & Raspberry Mojito is a playful twist on the classic cocktail with cool cucumber and fruity, sweet raspberries. Effervescent and refreshing, this Mojito is the perfect summer sip!
Waaaaasssup friends! <– Do you guys remember those Budweiser commercials? Or did I just age myself? Never mind, don’t answer that.
How’s the week treating you? Got any big plans for the upcoming weekend?
My week has been swell and I am SUPER excited for the weekend. I actually have big plans to NOT work. This probably seems stupid to most people, but if you knew me personally it’s a pretty big deal. The only problem is, for me to NOT work, I need to be on a beach or entertained. I can’t just sit still and relax. That is SO not in my DNA.
Since we won’t be going to the beach this weekend, I’m hoping Boy has something planned to keep me entertained. I’d love to watch him reenact one of my favorite reality shows (in costumes complete with wigs), or I’m always down for a dance party USA. But I’d just as happily drive an hour to the mall.
Keep your fingers crossed for me and the weekend… I get a funny feeling I’m going to need LOTS of luck to relax. Anyways, before we get to quenching your Thursday Thirst, I feel like I need to do a little clarifying, because there seems to be some confusion about something I said in my last post.
‘Over the past weekend I made and photographed my last dish of the summer’. <– By that I did NOT mean those scallops were my last dish of the summer!!
I don’t know about you, but for me, summer isn’t even CLOSE to being over. I mean, it’s still 90 degrees PLUS here! After Labor Day I will start EASING into late summer, early fall dishes, but autumn doesn’t OFFICIALLY start until September 22nd.
So for clarification, and because you guys must think I’m some sort of certifiable nut job, I simply finished photographing all my summer dishes… AND I HAVE YET TO SHARE THEM ALL WITH YOU. Sorry for yelling. I just want to make sure you are picking up what I am putting down.
Whew. I feel better.
There are so many libations that just scream SUMMER, and for me, the Mojito is one of them… along with a pina colada, daiquiri, white chocolate covered strawberry boozy milkshake… But, those are all for another day (or possibly later today).
Right now I am all about a jazzed up Mojito.
And, you guys, this Mojito is so ON POINT.
This cocktail is refreshing, effervescent and boozy with a perfect balance of cool cucumber and fruity, sweet raspberries and a touch of fresh mint and tart lime.
- I am on a refined sugar free kick, so I used agave to sweeten my Mojitos. But, you can substitute honey or simple syrup. I used a tablespoon of agave to sweeten 2 mojitos, but you should always sweeten to taste.
- If you want to make a simple syrup here’s how you do it: combine equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan and place it over high heat. Bring the sugar water to a boil. Cook until the water turns clear, which should happen immediately. Remove it from heat and let it cool. Viola, simple syrup.
- You should absolutely use fresh raspberries to make the mojito, but garnishing with frozen raspberries is an excellent idea, since they make fantastic ice cubes that won’t water down your drink.
Until next week friends, cheers – to 49 more days of OFFICIAL summer.
- 10 slices of Cucumber, plus more for garnish
- 8 Raspberries, plus more for garnish
- ¼ Cup Fresh Mint Leaves, packed – plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces of White Rum
- 1 Lime – juiced
- 1 TBS Agave (can substitute honey or simple syrup*)
- 6 ounces Club Soda
- In a large shaker: Muddle cucumber, raspberries, mint and rum until cucumber is broken up a bit. Add lime juice and agave. Taste and adjust for sweetness with agave.
- Fill glasses with ice and strain mixture on top. Top off with club soda and garnish with cucumber, raspberries and mint leaves.
- Serve and Enjoy.
You Might Also Like: