These Raspberry Gin Fizz Popsicles are icy cold, refreshing, fruity and sweet with a hint of mint, a boozy gin touch, and pops of whole, fabulously fresh raspberries. Spectacular in taste and pretty to boot, these poptails are the perfect way to celebrate summer!Hello there friends! How was everyone’s weekend and Father’s Day?
Our weekend was pretty mellow and predictable. Lots of grilling, household chores, working, and a touch of relaxation accompanied by popcorn and the couch. While it wasn’t the beach, I can’t complain. 😉
Anyways, today is a very special day.
Why? Well, for a couple reasons.
First of all, today is my friend Megan’s 100th post. You might know Megan from her blog The Emotional Baker, she is pretty fabulous and posts amazing treats that make me salivate. Like these Cashew Butter Cookie Dough Stuffed Oreos, for example. See, totally fabulous.
To celebrate, a few (15 to be exact) food bloggers and I are partaking in a giveaway to salute Megan and all her 100 posts of blogging glory. So be sure you scroll all the way down, past the recipe and enter to win a Amazon Gift Card or a Baking Tools Prize Pack!On top of the terrific giveaway, today also happens to mark the beginning of #Popsicleweek. An entire week dedicated to popsicles!!
Did you faint with excitement? I know I personally have a napkin tucked into the front of my shirt, ready to eat ALL the popsicles in ALL the flavors. Sticky hands be damned. Be sure to popsicle party it up with us and follow along on social media with the hashtag #Popsicleweek.
These boozy popsicles are all sorts of awesome and perfect for summer, friends. I mean, a cocktail in frozen popsicle form? Yaaaahs. All day long, Yes.Yes.Yaaaaaaaahhss!
These pops are icy cold, refreshing, fruity and sweet with a hint of mint, a boozy gin touch, and pops of whole, fabulously fresh raspberries.
Obviously they are spectacular in the taste department, but they are pretty to boot! Don’t you just love the transparent pink color with the fuchsia raspberries peeking through? Swoon!
- The recipe below will yield roughly 14 popsicles, but it depends on the size of your mold and how many fresh raspberries you add. I used a 6 ounce container of raspberries in the entire recipe below, including the simple syrup and the actual popsicles. You can definitely add more fresh raspberries to your molds if you would like, which will yield more popsicles. The world is your oyster, so by all means, add fresh raspberries to your hearts content.
- I like to let my popsicles sit in the freezer for one hour before I add the sticks. I find this helps the sticks stand up straight versus lopsided.
- If you have a hard time removing the popsicles from the mold, run the mold under warm water for 30 seconds or so. I have this mold, and never have a problem, but should your popsicle mold give you trouble, just give it the warm water treatment.
Join me in celebrating the official start of summer and #Popsicleweek with these boozy, rad Raspberry Gin Fizz Popsicles. And don’t forget to enter the giveaway below! Until Thursday friends, cheers – to Poptails!
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 TBS Mint – packed
- 6 ounces fresh Raspberries, divided (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 ½ Cups Club Soda
- ½ Cup Lime Juice
- ⅓ Cup Gin
- Make the simple syrup: In a small saucepan add water and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Immediately remove from heat and stir in mint leaves and heaping ¼ cup of raspberries. Set aside and let steep for 15 minutes. Strain and set simple syrup aside to cool completely.
- In a large measuring glass (4 cup+) stir together club soda, lime juice, gin and cooled simple syrup.
- Divide the remaining raspberries between popsicle molds, then pour in gin mixture. Place mold in freezer for 1 hour. Remove from freezer and insert popsicle sticks. Continue to freeze until solid, about 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
*You can use more fresh raspberries in actual popsicle mold if desired.
*Run mold under warm water to easily remove popsicles.
You Might Also Like:
Giveaway Made Possible By:
- The Emotional Baker
- Spoonful of Flavor
- Eva Bakes
- Cook Nourish Bliss
- Beer Girl Cooks
- The Seasoned Mom
- No Spoon Necessary
- Beaming Baker
- Flavor the Moments
- Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Fresh April Flours
- Vanessa Baked
- Brooklyn Farm Girl
- The Semisweet Sisters
- Just About Baked
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Earn entries by following the host bloggers on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the information as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST. One Grand Prize winner and one Second Place winner will be chosen at random and e-mailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $75. Prizes listed above are the only ones available.
- Grand Prize: Open to USA, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom.
Second Place: Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only.