Featuring bananas, cereal, honey, Greek yogurt and milk, these Cereal Pops are perfect for a morning treat, mid-day snack or healthy dessert!
Hi, friends! How are you?
I know a lot of your kids are already back to school, but our county here goes back this Monday. So, I think today is the perfect day to share a fun, easy breakfast treat for all the little kiddos out there!
Cereal Pops – also known as yogurt popsicles with thick slices of bananas and clusters of cereal or granola – YUM!
You didn’t think I had already posted my last popsicle of the summer did you?! HOLD UP! Nope.
In case you live in under a rock, cereal popsicles are a thing. And obviously I HAD to get all over that fad before autumn came and it was too late.
So today I’m sharing some breakfast popsicles I wish my mother had made for me when it was time to go back to school.
Cereal Pops: recipe overview
You guys, these popsicles are THE best way to get your kids out of bed. And even better yet, they are a cinch to make. Winning all around if you ask me.
These popsicles are super creamy, slightly sweet and a touch tangy with hints of cinnamon and honey, clusters of cereal and tender chunks of banana.
These cereal breakfast pops are like your boring bowl of cereal gone craaaaaazy. I mean since there ARE bananas in here, I could pull a Gwen and say these pops are bananas. B-a-n-a-n-a-s. (<– Sorry, HAD to)
Plus, these banana popsicles are stupid easy to make.
Mix together some yogurt, milk, honey and cinnamon. Add in the cereal and stir to combine. Drop some slices of bananas into a popsicle mold. Add in the cereal milk mixture. Freeze overnight. Hand one to your child and send them off to school.
Then pat yourself on the back. You are now officially the coolest mom on the block.
Tips and tricks for the best cereal pops
- I used plain Greek yogurt in these popsicles, but I have made them before with honey flavored Greek yogurt and it was SO so good! You can use any flavor of yogurt you want, however, I strongly suggest you use full fat yogurt regardless of the flavor you choose. If you use low fat yogurt your popsicles won’t be as creamy and thick.
- The same thing applies for the milk, but IF you want to cut some fat, here is where I would do it. 2% milk with full fat yogurt will yield a creamier Banana & Honey Cereal Breakfast Popsicles than whole milk with low fat yogurt.
- I used Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal, but I sifted through the cereal and mostly used the bunches (or clusters). You can use whatever cereal you want, just make sure it is a crunchy cereal. You can also nix the cereal and just use granola. I made these the other week with all granola and they were AMAZING.
- The popsicles will stick slightly to the mold due to the honey. You will need to run the mold under lukewarm water for 10 seconds or so to get them to easily release.
Treat yourself and your kids to a breakfast in style with these Banana & Honey Cereal Breakfast Popsicles. Until next week lovelies, cheers – to unconventional breakfast treats!
How to make Cereal pops with greek yogurt at home👇
Banana & Honey Cereal Breakfast Popsicles
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt (full fat)(SEE NOTES)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 TBS Honey (SEE NOTES)
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Granola OR Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal
- 2 small Bananas – thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, or blender, mix together the yogurt, milk, honey and cinnamon. Add in the cereal and stir until just combined.
- Pour a little bit of the cereal milk mixture into each mold. Drop in a few slices of bananas and then repeat with cereal milk and bananas until molds are full. Gently tap the molds on the counter to help mixture settle.
- Place molds in the freezer and freeze for 1 hour. Remove and insert wooden sticks. Place back in the freezer and freeze overnight.
- Remove popsicles from mold and enjoy. If you have a hard time removing the popsicles, run the mold under warm water for 10 seconds or so.
*You can use more or less honey, just adjust according to taste.
*You can use Granola or Honey Bunches of Oats or any cereal that's very crunchy - bonus points if there's clusters of goodies!