This Blackberry Bramble Cocktail Recipe is a jazzed-up version of a traditional Bramble. Made with gin, lemon juice, blackberry liqueur, blackberry simple syrup and fresh blackberries, this cocktail is fruit forward, lightly sweet and the perfect summer sipper!
If you follow this blog, I hope you have gathered by now that I completely love No Spoon Necessary.
I love creating dishes, I love sharing them, and I absolutely love all of you who humor me and read my blog.
But, I have a confession to make.
When I moved from Florida to North Carolina, I was that overly zealous girl who thought to herself, “I got this! I can pack up our life in .2 seconds, move us a few states away, unpack and begin a new chapter of my life in a new place.
I can explore my new town, get my bearings, find grocery stores, farmers markets, fill my new fridge with goodies AND still blog without missing a beat.
AND, while I am at it, your gonna hear me roar.” (<– Maybe not that last part, but the huge dork inside me couldn’t help but write that)
Yeahhh, not so much. Clearly I was off my rocker and slightly delusional, because just now, almost two months later, I am exhausted. My natural non-stop creative brain is starting to match my surroundings… crickets up in here.
It is unbelievably hard for me to even write this, and I keep hitting the backspace button as I type, rethinking this decision… but I am going to take a short (read: 1 to 1 ½ week) break from No Spoon.
Well, instead of “break” let’s call this a mental sabbatical for my culinary creative juices. I like the sound of that better, plus I don’t want you thinking I am breaking up with you!!
So, I felt it only fitting to leave you guys with a refreshingly delicious cocktail.
Blackberry Bramble Cocktail Recipe
However, since blackberries are in season, I wanted to really spotlight their delicious flavor. Therefore, I nixed the plain simple syrup and opted to make a blackberry simple syrup which adds the perfect touch of sweetness and fruit forward taste to this Bramble Cocktail.
Legitimately, this Blackberry Bramble Cocktail Recipe is so smooth, you could sip it for days! It’s fruity, slightly sweet, a touch tart and terrifically boozy.
It’s absolutely perfect for toasting the weekend or can easily be batch made and served in a pitcher for entertaining!
What is a bramble cocktail? What goes in a bramble cocktail?
Boy doesn’t even like Gin and he gave this Blackberry Bramble Cocktail Recipe two very big thumbs way up! As for me, it is the perfect pour as I raise my glass and bid you all adieu for a teeny tiny mental vacay!
Until next time friends, Cheers! *Clink Clink*
How to make Blackberry Bramble Cocktail Recipe at home👇
Blackberry Bramble Cocktail Recipe
- Blackberry Simple Syrup (yields 1 cup):
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ heaping Cup Fresh Blackberries
- 4 ounces Gin
- 1 ounce Lemon Juice
- 2 ounces Blackberry Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce Blackberry Liqueur or Crème de Cassis
- Lemon wedges
- Make the Simple Syrup: Combine the water and sugar in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil. Cook until water turns clear. (this should happen immediately) Remove from heat.
- Add blackberries and let seep for at least 20 minutes, or until room temperature.
- Use an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender, to puree the blackberry simple syrup. Transfer to a fine mesh strainer placed over a container and strain syrup. Discard seeds.
- For the Cocktail: Place all Bramble ingredients into a shaker. Shake to combine.
- Fill a rocks glass with crushed ice and pour in drink. Garnish with lemon and blackberries.
- Serve and enjoy!
©No Spoon Necessary. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe please do not list instructions, instead link directly back to this post.