This easy Chicken Spinach and Strawberry Pizza is sweet, savory and seriously delicious! Naan topped with sticky strawberry jam mixed with rich balsamic, chicken, sauteed spinach, fresh strawberries, gooey mozzarella and honey whipped ricotta.
Hey, hi, howdy, friends! How has the week been treating you?
I am going to go ahead and say the week has been pretty good… while I hold my breath and keep my fingers crossed that I’m not jinxing the rest of the week.
Drum roll please…
Boy and I are actually going on vacation tomorrow. I know, I know! I’ve said that before. Well, this time we are going. We can’t get our deposit back, so rain or shine, Wrightsville beach here we come. But please, for the love of all things good… let there be plenty of sun!Anyways, can we talk about fresh fruit for a minute? I am obsessed. <– Understatement of the year. With summer produce popping up everywhere and fruit season in full swing, I have been on a mission to add fruit to all the things.
Fruity, sweet and savory is my favorite combination ever, so fair warning, I am going to paint this blog in fruit… in case you haven’t noticed that all ready. 😉
Aside from being a fruit fanatic, it is no secret I’m a huge lover of naan pizzas, therefore I felt it only natural to combine the two into a delicious, easy meal perfect for any night of the week.
Chicken, Spinach & Strawberry Naan Pizza
This pizza is the jam my friends… quite literally since there is strawberry jam on this pizza. Sweet, savory, fantastically fruity and carb-tastically delicious, this naan pizza is an explosion of summer flavors. The greatness of a pizza is always determined by its parts, and this one has got it goin’ on.
Sticky, fruity jam mixed with rich, tart balsamic
Juicy, fresh, sliced strawberries
Wilted, sautéed spinach
Tender, bite sized pieces chicken
Cheesy, gooey mozzarella
Creamy, decadent honey whipped ricotta
Crisp naan bread
- I used strawberry jam on my pizza, but you can absolutely substitute preserves if that’s what you have on hand. The only real difference between a jam and preserve is that a preserve has a chunkier texture. I went with jam since the pizza also has fresh slices of strawberries. Either way, this pizza is going to rock your world.
- I mixed the strawberry jam with white balsamic reduction, but don’t panic if you can’t find it or don’t want to spend money on buying some. You can easily make your own reduction with white or regular balsamic vinegar. I included instructions on how to do so in the notes section of the recipe.
- I had leftover grilled chicken breast in the fridge, so that is what I used on my pizzas. You can use rotisserie chicken, or a package of store bought cooked chicken. Or, if chicken thighs are your thing, by all means use those. All you need is cooked and diced chicken – what part of the chicken, or how it is cooked is completely up to you.
- The recipe calls for quickly sautéing the spinach in olive oil. You can skip this and put the fresh spinach directly on the pizza, but beware, your pizza will be a bit watery since the spinach will release moisture when baking.
- I used 2 pieces of naan bread, because naan bread makes my skirt fly up. But, different strokes for different folks. You can substitute 1 ball of your favorite pizza dough for 2 pieces of naan.
Give your pizza a fruity, summery spin with this Chicken, Spinach & Strawberry Naan Pizza. I promise you guys are going to love this as much as we do. Until next week friends, cheers – to summers bounty of fruit. And, if you could be so kind, keep your fingers crossed for me and a sunny vacay! 😉
Naan topped with sticky strawberry jam mixed with rich balsamic, chicken, sauteed spinach, fresh strawberries, gooey mozzarella and honey whipped ricotta - this easy pizza is sweet, savory and seriously delicious!
- ½ Cup Strawberry Jam
- 2 TBS White Balsamic Reduction , plus more for serving*
- 2 Cups Spinach – packed, de-stemmed
- 1 clove Garlic – peeled and smashed
- 1 Shallot – thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Cooked Chicken Breast – diced or shredded
- 1 Cup Mozzarella – freshly shredded
- 1 Cup Whole Ricotta
- 2 TBS Honey
- 2 Pieces Garlic Naan
- 1/3 Cup Strawberries – hulled & diced
- ¼ Cup Basil Leaves – chiffonade
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper , to taste
- Heat a 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Use a slotted spoon to remove garlic and discard. Add spinach to skillet and increase heat to high. Cook spinach, stirring frequently, until tender and wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Use tongs or a slotted spoon to transfer spinach to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a food processor add ricotta, honey and a pinch of salt. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together strawberry jam and balsamic reduction. Set aside.
- Place naan on prepared baking sheet. Spread ¼ cup balsamic-strawberry jam on each piece of naan. Top with wilted spinach, shallots, chicken and mozzarella. Dollop honey whipped ricotta on top of pizza. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with fresh strawberries and basil leaves. Drizzle with balsamic and honey if desired. Serve and enjoy!
*If you can’t find balsamic reduction in the store, put ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half (to 2 tablespoons), about 4-5 minutes
*You can substitute your 1 ball of your favorite pizza dough for 2 pieces of naan.