Make every night taco night with these super easy Buffalo Chicken Tacos. Featuring frozen boneless chicken bites, fresh celery slaw, spicy buffalo sauce, and a rich, creamy blue cheese aioli, these baked chicken tacos pack all the delicious flavor!
Hi friends! Happy taco Thursday! Yes, you heard me right. We are making tasty tacos on Thursdays a thing, because why should Tuesday have all the fun??
About these buffalo chicken tacos
I hope you weren’t expecting regular chicken tacos, because today is all about fully-loaded crispy chicken tacos.
These superbly scrumptious tacos are made easy-peasy thanks to the frozen food section of your favorite grocery store. Simply look for your favorite boneless chicken bites or boneless wings, or even chicken tenders. To keep things healthy use grilled chicken, or to make things crispy and delicious use fried chicken. You’ll be topping your chicken buffalo tacos with homemade accoutrements that will make this taco recipe next level yum!
What’s in chicken buffalo tacos?
These tacos are all about the layers of delicious flavors and textures: spicy, savory; crunch, creamy!
- Buffalo chicken: Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, baked Chicken Bites are coated in a spicy, bold bodacious buffalo sauce.
- Celery slaw: Crunchy, crisp, fresh, veggie packed slaw loaded with celery, studded with cabbage, carrots, red onion, and parsley and tossed with a light, tangy mayonnaise n’ greek yogurt dressing.
- Taco sauce: Creamy, chunky, funky, flavorful blue cheese aioli.
- Tortillas: ALL piled HIGH and loaded into a lightly toasted, warm corn tortilla.
These tacos are a dance party for your taste buds. Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or your next football soiree, these tacos are what SHOULD be happening!
Tips for these baked chicken tacos
- Chicken: You can use any type of bite-size breaded (or non-breaded!) frozen chicken you love. Tyson and Perdue make great buffalo-style chicken bites. Or for a healthier option, use diced chicken breasts or grilled chicken chunks.
- Easy slaw: Save time by using a bag of shredded coleslaw mix instead of fresh cabbage and carrots.
- Prep in advance: You can prepare the vegetables for the celery slaw a day in advance. However, don’t combine them with the dressing until ready to serve.
- Dressing slaw: When dressing your taco coleslaw, start with about ½ of the dressing, then add more to taste if you like your slaw extra creamy.
- Aioli: To save even more time, you can swap out the blue cheese aioli for your favorite thick and creamy blue cheese dressing.
Say adios tacos only on Tuesday, make them a repeat performance with these Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tacos.
Until next week friends, cheers! To buffalo tacos – the answer to all life’s questions.
More taco recipes!
How to make crispy chicken tacos with buffalo sauce!👇
Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Celery Slaw & Blue Cheese Aioli
- 16 Ounces Buffalo-Style Boneless Chicken Bites, Nuggets or Tenders
- Tortillas - corn or flour (toasted or warmed)
- Kosher Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- Celery Slaw:
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 clove Garlic – minced
- 1/3 small head Green Cabbage – cored and shredded
- 4 Stalks Celery – thinly sliced and leaves left whole
- 1 Large Carrot – shredded
- ½ Red Onion – thinly sliced
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley – chopped
- Blue Cheese Aioli: (You can substitute your favorite blue cheese dressing instead)*
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Grainy Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove Garlic – minced
- 3 ounces Blue Cheese - crumbled
- 1 TBS White Wine Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray for easy clean up. Thaw the buffalo sauce in hot water for 6-8 minutes.
- Make the dressing for the slaw*: In a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, mustard and garlic. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Bake the Chicken Bites: Arrange the Chicken Bites on the prepared sheet pan and bake according to recipe instructions. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before tossing with the buffalo sauce.
- Meanwhile, make the aioli*: In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- And, assemble the slaw: Add the cabbage, celery, carrot, red onion and parsley to the slaw dressing. Toss to coat. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve the tacos: Pile the buffalo chicken into the tortillas. Top with slaw and drizzle with aioli. Enjoy!
*You can substitute your favorite blue cheese dressing for the blue cheese aioli.
*The blue cheese aioli can be made 3 days in advance, covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator.
*The dressing for the slaw can be made a day in advance, covered tightly and stored it in the refrigerator. Allow the dressing to sit on the counter at room temperature for 30 minutes before using.