This post is another example of how I transformed the Mac n’ Cheese leftovers. This sandwich is total ‘Dude Food’… but this chic ate it too!
It’s perfect for when you want something big, messy, and satisfies your craving for pub type food.
It is also perfect to eat while watching your favorite sports game, whether it be football, baseball, basketball.
- 2 Chibatta Rolls - cut in 1/2 horizontally
- 2 TBS . Butter - melted
- 1 1/2 Cups Mac n' Cheese (slightly reheated in the microwave for a few minutes)
- 4 Oz . French Fries - cooked
- 12 Thin Slices of Roast Beef (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise - or to taste
- 2 tsp . Prepared Horseradish
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Preheat a Panini press, large skillet, or grill pan over medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix Mayonnaise with Prepared Horseradish. Set aside.
- While Panini press is preheating, assemble sandwiches. Place one slice of Chibatta on a clean work surface and brush with 1/2 TBS. melted butter. Flip upside down (so buttered side is face down on work surface).
- Smear 1/4th of the Horseradish Mayonnaise on the non-buttered side of the bread.
- Top with 1/2 of the Roast Beef slices (6 slices), 1/2 of the Mac n' Cheese (3/4 Cup), and 1/2 of the Cooked French Fries (2 Oz.).
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Smear another 1/4th of the Horseradish Mayonnaise on the opposite slice of bread. Place on top of sandwich.
- Spread 1/2 TBS. melted butter on top of bread.
- Repeat process to assemble second sandwich.
- Place both sandwiches on the preheated panini press. Cook, about 5 minutes, or until the bread is evenly toasted.
- Cut in half and serve with plenty of napkins.