This quick and easy Greek Chicken Loaded Hummus Bowl is packed with protein and colorful veggies! This meal is a powerhouse – full of flavor and nutritious ingredients, plus it’s perfect for meal preps, hearty lunches or light dinners!Hi, friends!!
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a merry and bright holiday season!
Now that the festivities and the heavy, cheesy, carb-laden foods are officially in our rearview mirror, who is ready for all the healthy eats and nourishing noms?!?
Whether you are someone who embraces the ‘new year, new you’ resolution, someone who lives a healthy, balanced lifestyle year-round, or are someone who struggles to make better food choices and eat cleaner meals, I have got you covered!
I fully believe a healthy life is all about balance and not deprivation, so while I will be sharing tons of healthy, lighter meals, I am also going to share a few cozy, warming dishes… because life is too short not to be enjoyed!
With that said, let me introduce you to my new favorite bowl jam packed with all the things yummy and nutritious. Drum roll please!
Greek Chicken Loaded Hummus Bowl
Creamy, smooth hummus topped with tender, chopped chicken tossed in a tangy, herbaceous, slightly honey sweet Greek vinaigrette and topped with crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, salty feta, refreshing pickled red onions, rich kalamata olives and plenty of fresh herbs.
Healthy, light and refreshing, yet substantial and packed full of texture and flavor, this hummus bowl is locked and loaded with all the things delicious!
And, this Greek Chicken Loaded Hummus is absolutely perfect for any occasion from weekly meal preps to hearty lunches and light dinners!
Basically, this chicken topped hummus is my new favorite easy, go-to meal and never leaves me disappointed or hangry!
What is Greek style chicken?
Greek chicken, or Greek style chicken is simply chicken that has been infused, marinated or dressed with Mediterranean flavors and seasonings. Common ingredients to flavor chicken in the style of Greece are high quality olive oil, lemon, garlic and fresh oregano.
How to season Greek chicken?
Greek seasoning blends can vary greatly, but typical spices used to season Greek chicken are salt, garlic (fresh or powder), basil, oregano and plenty of fresh lemon.
What goes with Greek chicken?
There are tons of delicious side options to serve with Greek chicken! This easy Greek chicken recipe is served over creamy hummus and topped with fresh cherry tomatoes, crumbled or cubed feta, sliced cucumbers, pickled red onions, sliced olives and fluffy pita pocket wedges.
Looking for Greek inspired side dishes to serve with this quick Greek Chicken Loaded Hummus bowl? Any of the below would be a delicious pairing:
- Crispy Greek Potato Wedges
- Light Greek Orzo Soup
- Mediterranean Couscous salad
- Greek Side Salad
- Lemony Rice
- Roasted Eggplant
- Provencal style Artichokes
- Stuffed Red Peppers
What is hummus made of?
Hummus is a dip or thick spread made from blending cooked chickpeas with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
Originating in the Middle East, and also popular in the Mediterranean, hummus makes a seriously delicious appetizer or snack!
What is a hummus bowl?
A hummus bowl is a healthy, hearty Mediterranean inspired dish that is perfect for lunches or easy weeknight dinners!
Hummus bowls are made up of hummus (obviously) as the star of the show and various toppings, from proteins such as chicken, crispy chickpeas or steak plus chopped, fresh veggies and/or grains such as quinoa. Basically, hummus bowls are a build your own food adventure centered on hummus!
Is hummus healthy?
Hummus is great for maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a healthy snack or appetizer choice!
Hummus is a wonderful source of healthy fats, plant-based protein and fiber, plus it contains a blend of nutrients that help reduce risk factors associated with heart disease.
However, like basically everything, you can have too much of a good thing. Hummus is not a complete source of protein and does contain a higher amount of calories, therefore eating an entire 16 ounce tub of hummus in one sitting isn’t recommended.
How to make Greek Chicken Loaded Hummus Bowl (notes, tips & tricks):
- You can definitely cook your own chicken for this hummus bowl (grill, bake, broil, poach, whatever!), or you can keep things super easy! I used skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breasts which makes these bowls perfect for lunches on the go or super fast family dinners! You will be tossing the cooked chicken with a homemade Greek Vinaigrette which adds a ton of flavor, so taking a short cut here won’t hurt anything!
- You can either make your own hummus or use store-bought hummus here. I’ve made these bowls both ways and honestly, as long as you get a good quality pre-made hummus, you won’t notice a difference.
- I garnished my Greek Chicken Loaded Hummus Bowls with pickled onions. They are super easy to make, only require 4 ingredients (plus water) and are perfect to have on hand in the fridge! I have included how to make your own pickled onions in the notes section of the recipe below.
- These hummus bowls are totally customize-able! I highly encourage you to load them up with the things you love! Oh, and if you aren’t feeling chicken, try making these easy Greek bowls with crispy roasted chickpeas, canned tuna, seared salmon or even grilled steak!
If eating healthier while not slaving away in the kitchen is a priority in your New Year, then this Greek Chicken Loaded Hummus Bowl is life GOALS! Quick and easy to make without sacrificing flavor, this hummus with chicken needs to happen in your kitchen!
Until next week, friends, cheers – to healthy vibes, skinny thighs and a nourishing New Year!
The best Greek Chicken Loaded Hummus Bowl recipe👇
This quick and easy Greek Chicken Loaded Hummus Bowl is packed with protein and colorful veggies! This meal is a powerhouse full of nutritious ingredients and it's perfect for meal preps, hearty lunches or light dinners!en Loaded Hummus Bowl
- 1 ½ pounds Cooked Chicken – shredded, sliced or chopped*
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic – minced
- 1 small lemon – juiced (about 2 ½-3 tablespoons)
- 2 TBS Shallot - minced
- 1 TBS Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 TBS Fresh Oregano – finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Honey
- 2 Cups Hummus see recipe notes
- 8 ounces Feta – cubed or crumbled
- 1 Persian Cucumber – thinly sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes – halved
- ½ Cup Kalamata Olives – pitted and halved or sliced
- Pita Pockets – cut into wedges
- Pickled Red Onions (see recipe notes)
- Make the Greek Vinaigrette: Combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, shallot, vinegar, oregano, honey and kosher salt to taste in a small bowl or glass jar. Whisk or shake well to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning as needed.
- Make the easy Greek Chicken: Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl and drizzle on the vinaigrette to taste (reserve some from drizzling over the hummus). Toss to thoroughly coat the chicken.
- Assemble the hummus bowls: Spread the hummus in an even layer in bowls or on a serving platter. Top with the vinaigrette coated chicken. Scatter feta, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and pickled onions on top. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Serve with pita chips and optional garnishes. Enjoy!
- Chicken: You can absolutely cook your own chicken for this hummus bowl (grill, bake, broil or poach). To keep things super easy I used skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breasts. You are tossing the cooked chicken with a Greek Vinaigrette which adds a ton of flavor, so taking a short cut here won’t hurt anything!
- Hummus: You can either make your own hummus or store-bought here. Whatever you like best.
- Pickled Onions: These are super easy to make and perfect to have on hand in the fridge! To make your own- combine ½ cup apple cider vinegar, 1 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt with 1 cup of warm water. Whisk until everything is dissolved. Thinly slice 1 red onion and add it to the pickle brine. Let the onions hang out on the counter for an hour at room temperature. Drain before using! Alternatively, the pickled onions can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe serves 4-6 people. Nutrition information based on 4 servings.
©No Spoon Necessary. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any images without prior permission. Please do not republish this recipe without prior consent. If you want to reference this recipe, please do so by linking directly to this post.