Simple, yet satisfying sandwiches loaded with honey ham, crisp, sweet pears, peppery baby arugula and piquant manchego cheese. Get out of your lunch rut with these scrumptious sammies!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SandwichWithTheBest #CollectiveBias Thank you for supporting the brands that make No Spoon Necessary possible!
Now that the weekend is over and school is officially back in session, I thought it would be fun to share with you one of Boy’s favorite sandwiches. Okay, so I know he doesn’t go to school, but he DOES go to work (make that money, hunny) and he absolutely still brown bags it.
And yes, on most occasions I pack his lunch. #RealLifeGoodWife
But, before we get to sando satisfaction, can we discuss fresh figs for 5.987 seconds?!
I have been seeing figs blow up on everyone’s social media feed and it is driving me CRAY. Why? Because I can’t seem to get my greedy little hands on ANY. Not a ONE.
Seriously, I have searched high and low; farmer’s markets, grocery stores, my neighbors yards, other people’s neighbor’s yards, local farms (even though we don’t live in California), ALL to NO avail. My obsession has gotten so bad, I have been having dreams of fig fairies hand feeding me silver platters of figs. In my dreams I am RIDICULOUSLY happy. And then I wake up. GRUMPY.
So if anyone wants to send me some figs, I’ll be your bestie for LIFE.
You’re probably wondering what in the helen-of-troy my obsession with figs has to do with sandwiches.
Well, short answer – EVERYTHING.
You see, while fresh, local produce may be seasonal and fleeting, there ARE a few little culinary joys in life that can ALWAYS be relied on. Pepperidge Farm®, Hillshire Farm® and Hellmann’s® happen to be some of them.
Since Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse ™ Oatmeal bread is slow baked with flavorful ingredients, Hillshire Farm® Thin Sliced Honey Ham lunchmeat contains no artificial flavors and Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise makes the perfect spread, when Boy requests a scrumptious sandwich for lunch, I know I can CONTINUALLY deliver.
…I just hope he doesn’t ask for fresh figs to go along side it.
Honey Ham & Pear Sandwich with Arugula & Manchego
This sandwich may seem simple, but it is the combination and quality of ingredients that makes it tastes amazing.
Hearty, lightly toasted Farmhouse Oatmeal Bread generously slathered with creamy Hellmann’s® mayonnaise; loaded with savory, slightly salty Hillshire Farm® thinly sliced honey ham, and topped with crisp, sweet pears, peppery baby arugula and piquant shaved manchego cheese.
GAH. Sandwich heaven!
The layers of flavors just complement each other PERFECTLY. Super simple, yet completely soul satisfying.
Notes, Tips & Tricks for Ham & Pear Sandwich recipe:
Since this IS a humble little sandwich, I don’t have any notes, just mere suggestions.
- All the ingredient measurements below are to my taste, but you should absolutely adjust them up or down according to yours.
- I used a mandolin to easily thinly slice the pear. Take the whole pear and glide it against the mandolin, lengthwise. When you reach the core, flip the pear over to the other side and repeat. Easy peasy, perfectly thin slices of pear every time.
- I used a cheese plane to shave the manchego, but a vegetable peeler would work just as well. Or you can simply use a knife and slice the cheese if shaved cheese isn’t your thing.
- I toasted the bread prior to assembling the sandwich, but I have made these as a pressed sandwich before and they taste amazing! To do so, simply assemble the sandwich and transfer it to a Panini press. Or, you could also turn this sandwich into a grilled cheese with a little mayo schmear on the outside and a moderately hot pan.
Get out of your rut and upgrade your lunch situation with these simple, yet delicious Ham & Pear Sandwiches! Until Thursday friends, cheers – to brown bag lunches being anything but boring.
How to make Ham & Pear Sandwich recipe👇
Ham & Pear Sandwich with Arugula & Manchego
- 4 Slices Pepperidge Farmhouse™ Oatmeal Bread
- Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise , to taste
- 12 ounces Hillshire Farms® Thin Sliced Honey Ham
- 1 Bosc Pear – cored and thinly sliced
- ½ Cup Arugula – rinsed
- 2-3 ounces Manchego Cheese – shaved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place slices of bread on a small sheet pan and transfer to oven for 3-5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and spread mayonnaise evenly on one side of two slices of bread.
- Divide ham evenly between remaining two slices of bread and top with pear slices, cheese and arugula. Top with remaining slices of bread, mayonnaise side down.
- Cut in half, serve and enjoy!