This Mediterranean Pasta Recipe with Chicken is fast, flavorful and made in one pot! Loaded with al dente spaghetti, tender chicken, Greek ingredients, a creamy feta sauce and tons of flavor, it’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners!
With Memorial weekend in our rear view mirror and the start of summer unofficially underway, it feels like the perfect time to share one of my favorite one pot pastas.
Since summer is all about lazy days and fuss free meals, this quick and easy Greek pasta checks all the right boxes! It’s full of flavor, only requires one pot, comes together in 35 minutes or less, and most definitely needs to be part of your dinner rotation!
Quick Navigation - Table of Contents
Mediterranean Pasta with Chicken
Silky, al dente spaghetti and tender, bite sized pieces of chicken breast tossed with a creamy, cheesy feta sauce and studded with sweet-tart sun-dried tomatoes, rich kalamata olives, earthy artichoke hearts, fresh oregano and plenty of greek seasoning!
This Mediterranean chicken pasta is incredibly flavorful and, bonus, it all comes together in just ONE POT! Plus, it can be prepped, cooked and on the table in 35 minutes or less!
Essentially, this creamy Greek pasta is perfect for hectic weeknight meals and lazy summer suppers!
What is Mediterranean pasta?
Mediterranean pasta is a Greek-inspired dish made of pasta, Greek seasonings and classic Mediterranean ingredients such as artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives and feta cheese. Optional ingredients include fresh herbs, such as oregano and basil, and chicken for added protein and sustenance.
The combination of simple, fresh ingredients makes Mediterranean pasta a delicious, easy and fast dinner option filled with bright flavors!
Ingredients in Mediterranean pasta?
The exact ingredients in Mediterranean or Greek pasta can vary greatly depending on the recipe. Below is a list of classic ingredients used in Mediterranean pasta. Feel free to mix, match and substitute ingredients to create the perfect Mediterranean spaghetti recipe for you!
- Tomatoes – grape, sun-dried or a combination of the two
- Artichoke hearts
- Pine nuts
- Fresh Herbs – Oregano, Basil, Parsley
Mediterranean pasta sauce?
Sauces can vary greatly depending on the recipe. However most Mediterranean pasta sauces are made with chicken stock or broth, garlic, plenty of lemon juice and a small amount of flour for thickening. For a creamy pasta sauce, feta and half-and-half or heavy cream can be stirred into the mix!
How many calories?
Nutritional information for Mediterranean pasta is completely dependent on the individual recipe, exact ingredients used and the serving size. There are approximately 579 calories per serving in this creamy Mediterranean chicken pasta recipe and 40 grams of protein.
How long will this pasta last?
Cooked Mediterranean pasta should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Properly stored, pasta will last for 3 to 4 days.
What to serve with Mediterranean pasta?
Looking for a Mediterranean side dish to match to serve with your pasta? Below are delicious, easy sides that pair well with this Greek pasta!
- Baba Ghanoush
- Greek Salad
- Stuffed Tomatoes
- Steamed or Roasted Artichokes
- Provencal vegetables
- Greek roasted potatoes
- Greek style green beans
Tips for the best Mediterranean Pasta with Chicken
This Greek pasta with chicken only takes 35 minutes to prepare and is made entirely in one pot!
Below are a few notes, tips and tricks to achieve the best Creamy Greek Chicken Pasta!
- You can use store-bought all-purpose Greek seasoning or you can make your own. Making your own seasoning is quick and easy to do, plus it allows you to customize the flavor and salt content to your own liking. Here is the recipe to make your own Greek Seasoning.
- For the most flavorful sauce, use a mixture of both chicken broth and wine. I used 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth and ¾ cup dry white wine.
- The exact amount of chicken broth will depend on the size of your skillet. You want to use enough liquid to just cover all the pasta!
- If you use a large, wide straight sided skillet the pasta will cook quicker than in a pot.
- Only add the extra tablespoon of oil to the pan in step 2 if needed! If your skillet is dry, add the oil to sauté the sun-dried tomatoes. If you have enough fat in the pan, omit the oil.
This Mediterranean chicken pasta is incredibly delicious, ridiculously easy to prepare, and packed with Greek flavors! Fast and flavorful, this pasta is sure to get you out of your boring dinner rut!
Until next week, friends, cheers!
More recipes for pasta with chicken!
More Mediterranean recipes!
The best Mediterranean Pasta with Chicken recipe👇
Mediterranean Pasta Recipe with Chicken
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts – cut into 1’’ cubes
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
- 1 TBS Unsalted Butter
- 1-2 TBS Olive Oil – divided*
- 1 (8 ounce) Jar Sun-Dried Tomatoes – drained and julienned (about 1 cup)
- 4 Cloves Garlic - minced
- 2 tsp Dried Greek Seasoning *
- ¼ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 TBS All Purpose Flour
- 3 ¼ - 3 ½ Cups Chicken Broth *
- ½ Cup Half and Half can substitute heavy cream
- 8 ounces Spaghetti – broken in half
- 1 (8 ounce) Can Artichoke hearts – drained and quartered (about 1 cup
- ½ heaping Cup Pitted Whole Kalamata Olives
- 6 ounces Feta Cheese – crumbled, plus more for garnish
- 1 ½ TBS Fresh Oregano
Optional for serving: Basil or Baby Arugula, Pine nuts, Grape Tomatoes, Lemon wedges
- Brown the chicken: Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a large straight sided skillet or a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown, but not quite cooked through, about 4-6 minutes total. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Cook the vegetables: Reduce heat to medium. If your pan is dry, add remaining tablespoon of oil, if not omit the oil*. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and sauté 1 minute. Add in the garlic, Greek seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Sprinkle the flour on the tomatoes and cook, stirring, for another 1 minute.
- Add in the liquid: Add in the broth* and half-and-half, whisking to combine. Increase heat to high.
- Add chicken and pasta: Add the spaghetti to the pot along with the chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook: Bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally, then immediately reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until pasta is just al dente*.
- Finish pasta: Add in the artichoke hearts, olives, feta and oregano. Stir to combine and cook for 1-2 minute, or until feta is melted and pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Serve: Garnish with more feta, herbs, nuts and plenty of fresh lemon wedges. Enjoy!
©No Spoon Necessary. All images and content are under copyright protection. Please do not use any images without prior permission. Please do not republish this recipe without prior consent. If you want to reference this recipe, please do so by linking directly to this post.