This NO CHURN Blueberry Cinnamon Ice Cream recipe is super simple to make and bursting with a fresh blueberry compote! Swirled with cinnamon and graham crackers, this homemade ice cream is the perfect sweet treat and guaranteed to be a family favorite!
99.875% of the time I can’t pinpoint exactly where the inspiration for a dish I create came from. And, normally my ideas are the spawn of a craving. Or two.
Or, if I’m being honest, like seven simultaneous cravings. #TheFatGirlinMeSaysHi
Well, today’s recipe actually has a source of inspiration – my absolute favorite sushi restaurant in ALL the land, Shari Sushi Lounge. I love this place soooo stinkin’ much I will go as far as to say, it is not simply a restaurant. It is an experience. If you follow me on Instagram, you know Boy and I chose to eat there for our farewell Florida dinner. Because, this girl was NOT leaving Orlando without their Wolfpack roll up in my belleh.
Not only is their food to die for, their service is always on point, and our last dinner as Orlando residents was no exception. The Chef even sent us out a special dessert, on the house, to bid us adieu. (<– Told you Shari Rocks)
Now, if you know me personally, you know I am not a huge fan of desserts… I blame my cocoa allergy, it ruined me for life.
However, every once in a while I will spot a dessert that looks exceptionally delicious, so I will bite the sugar bullet and try a couple nibbles. This was the case when a blueberry bread pudding, topped with cinnamon graham cracker ice cream and drizzled with a vanilla bean sabayon, hit our table. I knew I had to try it.
I took one bite and I could not contain myself from having a ‘When Harry met Sally’ diner moment. It was one of the best things I have ever tasted. Boy and I were fork fighting over every single bite. I knew right then and there that I absolutely had to create a NSN rendition of this fabulosity for the blog.
Obviously, that is what I did. And my creation is what I am sharing with you today. I took their whole shabam of a dessert concept, broke it down, put culinary humpty dumpty back together again, and mashed it into this –
No Churn Blueberry Cinnamon Ice Cream
This easy homemade blueberry ice cream is obviously seriously cold, creamy and supa’ dreamy. Because, hello – It IS ice cream. But it is also sweet, cinna-minna-riffic and blueberry-tastic.
This blue beauty is almost cake-like, but extremely smooth in texture. With clustery pops of fantastically fresh, juicy, whole blueberry nom noms. And chunky bits of honey delicious graham cracker yummies.
Essentially, this No Churn Blueberry Cinnamon Ice Cream will knock the socks off of your ice cream loving self. Like Whoa! 😉
Basically, this No Churn Blueberry Cinnamon Ice Cream has all the components of the Shari dessert of my dreams, but simplified.
And, made no churn easy-peasy.
Plus, you can get all the fantastic flavors in ONE bite.
But, if that isn’t enough jazz for you, this recipe yields a quart and a half, so you won’t have to fork fight anyone for each and every bite. #Winning!
I know you guys are trying to squeeze as much delectable summer scrum-did-a-lee-iciousness as you can into these last few weeks, so add this No Churn Blueberry Cinnamon Ice Cream to your bucket list! I promise you are going to make you scream for ALL the ice cream!
Cheers and Happy non-churnin’ it up!
How to make homemade No Churn Blueberry Cinnamon Ice Cream👇
NO CHURN Ice cream bursting with a fresh blueberry compote and swirled with cinnamon & graham crackers.
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 (14 oz) Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Vanilla Bean , Seeds Removed* (can substitute 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 TBS Unsalted Butter
- 2 Pints Fresh Blueberries
- 2 TBS Light Brown Sugar , packed
- 1 TBS Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Cup Graham Crackers – crushed*
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the blueberries, sugar, cinnamon and honey. Cook until caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In the bowl of stand mixer, affixed with the whisk attachment, add the heavy cream, condensed milk and vanilla beans. Whisk until still peaks are formed, being sure not to over beat.
- Gently fold in the graham crackers.
- Use a spatula to transfer half of the ice cream to a freezer safe container, top with the cooled blueberries, and then the remaining ice cream. Gently swirl/fold together the ice cream and the blueberries.
- Cover the ice cream with a large piece of wax freezer paper, pressing to adhere. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or up to 2 weeks.
- For best results allow ice cream to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
*Yield: 1 1/2 Quarts
*I used a Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean
*I used honey flavored graham crackers