Succulent shrimp with fluffy quinoa, shredded zucchini and funky feta all cooked in ONE PAN and in 30 minutes or less! This One Pan Lemon Butter Shrimp & Quinoa is perfect for busy weeknight dinners!
Hi there, friends!
I hope the week is treating you well!!
I’m actually feeling all sorts of under the weather, so today’s post is going to be the shortest post in the history of this here blog.
Did you just applaud?
I can’t say I blame you. 😇
I know I’m normally terribly long winded and ridiculously rambly.
So you can consider today’s lack of wordy nonsense a small gift.
Just don’t say I never gave you anything. 😉
One Pan Lemon Butter Shrimp & Quinoa
Aka a little shrimp skillet sensation for YOU.
Plump, succulent shrimp lovingly nestled in fluffy, nutty quinoa packed with delicate, shredded zucchini, herbaceous parsley and pungent red onion; finished with salty, funky feta, crunchy pine nuts, and generously drizzled with a luscious, spicy butter mixture.
Basically this is how you win at life.
Or at least at weeknight dinner.
Because ONE PAN.
But also, Shrimp. Quinoa. Veggies. And BUTTER.
PLUS your face.
I mean, it’s a no brainer. Right?
How to make One Pan Lemon Butter Shrimp & Quinoa:
You’ll start by searing the shrimp in a smidgen of butter until they are just BARELY cooked. Remove them to a plate and set them aside.
Then, heat a bit of oil in the same pan until it’s shimmering. Add in the onions, sprinkle ‘em with paprika, some salt and pepper. Add in the garlic and sauté everything until fragrant.
Add in the quinoa and broth, bring everything to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Cover the pan and let the quinoa cook until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy.
Meanwhile, melt some butter and season it with a few pinches of crushed red pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set it aside.
Stir in the zucchini and add the shrimp back to the pan.
Spruce it up with a few squeezes of fresh lemon juice and a generous dose of fresh parsley.
Drizzle everything with ALL that butter.
Garnish it with some pine nuts and feta cheese, because you deserve it.
Grab a large shovel and chow down.
Notes, Tips & Tricks for One Pan Lemon Butter Shrimp & Quinoa recipe:
- I left the tail on my shrimp for aesthetic purposes only. You can leave the tail on, or remove it, just make sure you peel and devein the shrimp!
- The recipe calls for large (16/20 count) shrimp, but you can use smaller, or jumbo, shrimp depending on your preference. Simply scale the cook time, down or up respectively, when you are partially cooking the shrimp in recipe step #1.
- When cooking the quinoa you can either use vegetable broth, chicken broth or chicken stock. I personally used vegetable broth, but use whatever you have on hand or prefer!
- The easiest way to shred zucchini is using a box grater. I used the large holes on the box grater so the zucchini is slightly hidden (for picky kids), but not completely disintegrated (for us adults). 😉
- For the butter sauce, you can either melt the butter in the microwave, or melt it on the stovetop over medium heat. Personally, if you are looking to save time and energy, I’d go with simply melting it in the microwave on 50% power.
Just because the work week is hectic and complicated, it doesn’t mean your dinner has to be! Add this One Pan Lemon Butter Shrimp & Quinoa to your dinner rotation and start winning at supper.
Until next week friends, cheers – to one pan wonders!
How to make One Pan Lemon Butter Shrimp & Quinoa at home👇
One Pan Lemon Butter Shrimp & Quinoa
- 1 Pound Large Shrimp – peeled and deveined*
- 5 TBS Unsalted Butter , divided
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- ½ Red Onion – diced (about 1 cup)
- ¾ tsp Sweet Paprika
- ½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes , divided
- 2 cloves Garlic – minced
- 1 Cup Quinoa – rinsed
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth or Chicken Broth/Stock
- 1 large Zucchini – shredded* (about 2 cups)
- 1 Lemon – juice and zest, divided
- 2 TBS Fresh Parsley – chopped, or more to taste
- Kosher Salt and Pepper , to taste
Optional Garnishes: Pine Nuts, Crumbled Feta Cheese, Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Lemon Wedges, Cherry Tomatoes
- Partially cook the shrimp: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a 12’’ skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the pan and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp are pink on one side, about 2 minutes, and then flip and continue to cook until JUST BARELY cooked, about 1 additional minute. Remove shrimp to a plate and set aside, tenting very loosely to keep warm.
- For the quinoa: Heat oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add in the onion, paprika and ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in the quinoa and broth, and bring contents to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the lid and stir in the zucchini and shrimp. Cook until just warmed through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest, ½ the juice, and parsley. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter* and season with remaining ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes and remaining lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for drizzling finished dish.
- To Serve: Top the shrimp and quinoa with pine nuts, feta cheese and additional optional garnishes. Drizzle with butter. Enjoy!