Sweet n’ sour, with nuances of apple and lime, and a pretty green hue, this Lucky Shamrock is perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. Channel your inner Irish spirit with this boozy Sour Apple Tequila Cocktail!
Hiiiiii friends!!! HAPPY FRI-YAAAAYY!
If you can’t tell, I’m SUPER excited for today.
Not only is tomorrow the weekend (hallelujah), but today also happens to be a SUPA special day.
But I’ll get into that in a minute.
I’m a tease. I know, I know!
First, how has your week been?!
I’m going to be honest, my week has been ROUGH.
Well, if I’m keeping it real, I’ve had a SERIES of tough weeks.
So I’m in DESPERATE need of the weekend.
And a dayum cocktail.
Actually, just make it a pitcher of cocktails. With just one straw. 😉
Aaaaaand, to lift my (our) spirits even more, a fantastic group of food bloggers and myself have gotten together to bring you a roundup of recipes absolutely PERFECT to celebrate St. Patty’s Day! YAY! (<– Supa special day alert)
Seriously you guys, there is SO much scrumptiousness going on in ALL these recipes that your taste buds are going to hurt so good from producing ALL the drool humanly possible.
Grab the largest stack of napkins you can get your grubby little hands on, and get ready to look like a slobbery wolfhound, because we are going to do the dang thang and make the Irish PROUD.
You can also follow all the St. Patrick’s Day deliciousness on social media with the hashtag #saintpatricksdayfeast2017.
The Lucky Shamrock – Sour Apple Tequila Cocktail
Okay, okay… so you are probably thinking Sour Apple?! Tequila?! Ummmm, how exactly is that IRISH?!
Well, they aren’t. 😇
I had every intention of making a cocktail with Guinness, but I REALLY wanted a cocktail with a pretty green hue. So I scrapped the Guinness idea, and figured if you wanted a beer, you could just go pour yourself a tall one.
THIS libation is for all of you out there who want to go GREEN or go home.
Specially crafted by little ‘ole me, this cocktail will make you feel like you have ALL the luck of the Irish. Because, tequila can do that to you. 😉
Sour and sweet with nuances of apple and lime, and a boozy tequila punch, this Lucky Shamrock is refreshing, effervescent and EVERYTHING you should be sipping.
THIS is how you NEED to toast St. Patty’s Day. 🍹
Recipe Notes, Tips & Tricks for Sour Apple Tequila Cocktail:
- As with any libation, I highly suggest you make this drink to taste. The recipe below is merely a suggestion. If you want a stronger drink you can 86 the sprite and serve it in a martini glass. If you want a drink more suitable for chugging (I don’t judge), you can serve this cocktail in a highball glass and top it off with a decent amount of sprite.
- The agave in the recipe below is optional, but I like how the sweetness offset the sour apple. You can leave the agave out completely, or use more if you like your cocktail on the sweeter side.
- I used silver patron tequila and sprite zero in my cocktail, but you can use any tequila and any type of lemon-lime soda you would like.
- The wedges of lime and slices of apple are both optional garnishes. However, I liked the extra squeeze of fresh acidic lime in my cocktail. And, the slices of apples give this libation a little pizazz. To get my slices of apples paper thin I used a mandolin.
Get the St. Patrick’s Day party started and channel your inner spirit of the Irish with this Lucky Shamrock Cocktail.
Until Monday friends, cheers – to a wonderful weekend… and a cocktail or 2.
How to make a Sour Apple Tequila Cocktail👇
Sour Apple Tequila Cocktail - The Lucky Shamrock
- 1 ½ oz Tequila
- 1 ½ oz Sour Apple Liqueur
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- ½ oz Agave (optional)*
- Sprite to taste*
- Optional Garnishes: Lime Wedges, Slices of Apple
- Fill a shaker with ice and pour in all ingredients, EXEPT the Sprite.
- Shake vigorously until shaker is chilled to the touch.
- Fill a highball glass with ice and slices of apple (if using). Strain the cocktail into glass. Top with sprite and garnish with wedge of lime. Enjoy!