This colorful Warm Brussels Sprouts & Kale Salad is the perfect way to round out your holiday meal. With tender, crisp brussels sprouts, kale and radicchio; a generous sprinkling of gorgonzola, pomegranate arils and walnuts, this salad is guaranteed to please!
Hiiiiii friends! Happy WEEK OF CHRISTMAHANUKWANZIKA!!!
Sorry for shouting at you, but I can hardly believe this is IT! You guys, we have ARRIVED. Straight up CRAZINESS, I tell ya.
I’ll let you marinate on the fun fact that we are only a MERE FEW DAYS away from the holly jolly holidays…….
Okay, that was long enough. We have important food things to discuss, so I can’t have you over there soaking up the season for too long. #ImBossy
So tell me, how was your weekend?!
At this point I hope you have all your gifts wrapped and you were able to kick back, relax and bask in all the merry cheer… preferably with a sparkly cocktail or two.
My weekend was marvelous. Thank you for asking. 😉
I baked, chillaxed, watched Elf (my favorite Christmas movie ever), sipped festive cocktails, and tried to do as little work as (type-A) humanly possible.
And guess what!? I did it ALL in the lazy comforts of my jammies. 😇
If you are a regular reader of this blog, you are probably thinking, ‘does home-girl EVER get out of her comfy clothes?’
Short answer – No. Not unless I absolutely have to.
What can I say, my pajama game is STRONG. And I’ve got ZERO shame in my game.
Anyways, we are going to keep things moving today, because this is THE WEEK of Christmahanukwanzika (!!!), and nobody has time for wind-baggy nonsense.
As promised, I have a SUPER quick and easy holiday side for you guys today.
You know, juuuuust in case a few unexpected people invited themselves over for dinner, or you possible overlooked the salad portion of the meal.
No worries, I’ve got your six. I wouldn’t want you getting your tinsel in a tangle or anything.
You can thank me later. 😉
Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad
Otherwise known as my go-to winter salad.
Tender, crisp sautéed brussels sprouts and kale mixed with mildly sweet shallots and cool, fresh radicchio; topped with crunchy, salty walnuts; creamy, decadent gorgonzola and tart pops of pomegranate arils.
All that jazz gets drizzled and tossed with a super simple, silky, tangy apple cider-Dijon vinaigrette for a salad that is nothing short of sensational.
Seriously, all the warm and cold combined components of this salad will make your face VERY happy. I swear.
If you love brussels and kale, this salad is for you!
Wait, you’ve never tried kale (or brussels – what?!), this salad is for you!
Or, if you think you don’t like brussels or kale, this salad is still for YOU!
This shredded brussels sprouts salad is SO flavorful and features the freshest ingredients for the perfect balance of texture, color and flavor! It’s crunchy, tender, creamy, sweet, savory and everything you want in a cozy winter salad!!
- To quickly shred the brussels sprouts and kale use a food processor with the shredding attachment. If you don’t have a food processor, don’t panic. I cutting board and knife will also do the trick! To easily shred the kale with a knife, stack the leaves on top of one another, then roll them up, and cut them into thin strips (also known as a chiffonade).
- Although I made this as a warm salad, you could absolutely serve this as a cold, raw salad. If you are going to go that route, I would massage the kale so it gets tender and slightly sweeter. To do so, simply place your shredded kale in a bowl and add a drizzle of olive oil and a few pinches of salt. Use your hands and massage the kale until it starts to soften and wilt, about 2-3 minutes. Take a bite to see if you’ve massaged enough. If the kale still tastes bitter, keep massaging for a little bit longer.
- The dressing can be made in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator.
Put down the fruit salad, jello salad or whatever weird boloney you’ve been passing off as a “salad” for all these years. Round out your holiday meal with this colorful Warm Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad. Full of flavor and texture, I pinkie-promise this will be a crowd pleaser!
Until Thursday friends, where I have an elegant and EASY appetizer for you! Cheers, to stellar salads!
More winter salads
If you love this rice salad, try one of these delicious recipes next!
The best Brussels Sprout Salad Printable Recipe👇
Warm Brussels Sprouts & Kale Salad
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- ¾ pound Brussels Sprouts – shredded*
- 1 small bunch Kale – stemmed and leaves thinly sliced*
- ½ small head Radicchio – cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Shallots – thinly sliced
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola – shaved or crumbled
- 1 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- ½ Cup Walnuts – chopped (toasted optional)
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Honey
- Pinch Kosher Salt & Cracked Black Pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the brussels sprouts and shallots. Season generously with salt and pepper. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 4-6 minutes, or until sprouts are light golden. Add the kale to the skillet and sauté, stirring, until kale is slightly wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove everything from the skillet and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add in the radicchio. Add half of the dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and walnuts. Top with gorgonzola and serve with remaining dressing on the side. Enjoy!
©No Spoon Necessary. All images and content are under copyright protection. Please do not use any images without prior permission. Please do not publish this recipe without prior consent. If you want to reference this recipe, please do so by linking directly to this post.