These popsicles taste exactly like a white chocolaty white Russian cocktail, just in cool, creamy and dreamy poptail form! Easy, homemade 2 ingredient white chocolate magic shell recipe included!Hellllllo, friends! How was your weekend? I hope it was lovely and filled with all the relaxing, feel good vibes!
Ours was preeeetty rad. Except it was hotter than Hades here in N to the C. The weather was even complete with an extreme heat advisory, which totally made me feel like I was living back in Orlando. BUT, I refuse to complain. It really is lovely here 360 days of the year, so I’ll take plus or minus 5 days of ick. Speaking of heat, is it just me or does your brain go on strike during the summer? Don’t get me wrong, I still get work done.
I mean, I love developing recipes, especially if they involve popsicles (like these!), ice cream, the grill, or salads.
And I don’t mind taking photos… except if those aforementioned popsicles and ice cream are involved. Hello hot mess of a photo shoot. Always followed with me covered in sticky, melty substances and in desperate need of a long shower. And a new loofah.
But writing. O.M.Geeee, I can’t. During the summer my brain just refuses to cooperate when it comes to forming sentences. And being witty? Fo-get-a-bout-it. I’d rather go read other people’s blogs than write on my own.
Maybe it’s just my brain overheating and only the left hemisphere is affected, since that is the side responsible for comprehension and writing.
Who knows, but I was able to bang out approximately 160 words yammering about it. I’ll take that as a small win. Aaaaanyways, POPSICLES! And boozy popsicles at that, because Monday. And LIFE!
White Chocolate White Russian Popsicles
… FTW <– For.The.Win. I recently realized not everyone is hip (Ha! I’m sooo not hip) and knows what FTW is. So there ya go, explanation complete.
You guys, these popsicles taste exactly like a white chocolaty white Russian. Hence the name, yo. Except these brown and white beauties are infinitely better, because POPTAILS! Sorry, I’ll try to stop yelling.
These pops are rich, boozy, chocolaty and taste like a creamy, dreamy delight.
With their smooth, muted undertones of coffee, these popsicles are also perfectly acceptable for breakfast. I kid. Or maybe I don’t? You should have one for breakfast, I don’t judge. 😉
What was I saying?? Oh yeah, popsicles.
These pops taste cozy and comforting thanks to the dream team of Kahlua, white chocolate liqueur, maple syrup and cinnamon. Once these poptails are completely frozen they get a quick dip in an easy, 2 ingredient white chocolate magic shell.
The end result is a popsicle with a cool, silky interior and a thin, shatteringly crisp white chocolate exterior.
Double the white chocolate, double the fun. The Notes:
- The recipe calls for cold brew coffee. I used the only coffee I drink, Skinny Iced Vanilla Latte. It made these popsicles extra creamy and oh so delicious. But feel free to use any cold brew coffee. However, if you aren’t a cold brew kinda kid, use regular coffee that has been completely cooled in the refrigerator.
- The recipe below only uses 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon, but if you are a cinnamon freak (like myself), you can certainly add more. I used about ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon in my popsicles.
- When you make the white chocolate magic shell it will look melted, smooth, and like there is no way it will harden onto the popsicle. Well, they call it magic for a reason. 😉 Once you dip the cold popsicle into the white chocolate shell it will harden. Just make sure you let the magic shell sit on the counter to cool to room temperature before dipping the popsicles. If you dip the popsicles in the hot magic shell you will end up with a hot mess. After you dip the popsicles, hold them up for a few seconds to let the shell dry completely, then place them on a parchment paper lined pan and place them back into the freezer to firm up for a bit. Or, you can enjoy them right away. That is up to you.
So let’s DO THIS. Because booze. Because summer. And because, Monday.
Until Thursday friends, Cheers – to #PopsicleGoals
White Chocolate White Russian Popsicles
- In a large measuring glass, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Place molds in freezer for 1 hour. Remove from freezer and insert popsicle sticks. Continue to freeze until solid, about 8 hours.
- For the magic shell: Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe measuring cup. Microwave, stopping to stir every 30 seconds, until mixture is melted together and completely smooth. Let sit on the counter to cool to room temperature before using.
- Run mold under warm water to easily remove popsicles. Dip popsicles into magic shell and hold upright for a few seconds to allow shell to dry completely. Serve and enjoy. Or, place popsicles on a parchment paper lined pan and place back in freezer until ready to serve.
*I used Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte, but you can use any cold brew coffee or substitute regular coffee that has been completely cooled in the refrigerator.
You Might Also Like: