Flaky, crispy phyllo cups filled with cinnamon-y, barely boozy apples, topped with airy whipped cream and drizzled with decadent salted caramel. These Bourbon Apple Pie Bites are like mini apple pies minus the all the effort!
Yield: 30 bites
1. Baking the phyllo shells prior to stuffing them is completely optional, as the shells have already been baked before packaging. I baked mine because I like the added crispness.
2. You can peel and dice your apples in advance to save prep time later. To prevent apples from turning brown mix 1 teaspoon of kosher salt with 2 cups of water and store your diced apples in the salt water (covered and refrigerated). Before using them, simply rinse and drain. You can easily double the salt water mixture if needed.
3. The apple pie filling can be prepared in advance, and stored, covered in the refrigerator. If you prepare the filling in advance, skip the baking option in note one and spoon the cold filling into the shells, then bake the bites for 10 minutes or until the filling is warm.
4. If you want a more prominent bourbon flavor in your apple pie filling, you can increase the amount to ½ cup.
5. You should be able to find phyllo shells in the frozen food isle of your grocery store. In stores near me they are located with the frozen fruit and puff pastry sheets.
**Nutritional information does not include whipped cream or caramel sauce