These Savory & Spicy Rosemary Roasted Mixed Nuts are the perfect combination of savory, salty, spicy and sweet! They make a great, quick and easy appetizer or snack... but be warned, they are seriously addictive!
Appetizer, Entertaining, Snack, starter
almonds, cashews, Easy, mixed nuts, peanuts, pecans, roasted, rosemary, savory, spicy
Calories: 403 kcal
Mixed Raw Nuts
(pecans, walnuts, peanuts, cashews, macadamia, almonds)
– finely chopped
Light Brown Sugar
Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
Pure Maple Syrup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
Place the nuts in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar, cumin, cayenne, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
In a medium sized sauté pan, over medium low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the rosemary and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup. Add the nuts to the sauté pan, stir and toss to completely coat.
Transfer the seasoned nuts to the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until nuts are toasted and light golden in color, about 10-15 minutes, tossing once half way through baking. Allow the nuts to cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl or a container with a tight fitting lid.
Yield: 2 ½ Cups of Nuts
1. You will need 2 1/2 cups of nuts for the recipe, and while I used a combination of nuts, you can use a single variety or two varieties of nut if desired! Use your favorite nut, whatever you have on hand, or whatever is cheapest at the store. For those of you wondering what I used here I used -
3/4 Cup Peanuts
3/4 Cup Cashews
1/3 Cup Walnuts
1/3 Cup Almonds
1/3 Cup Pecans
2. Since you will be seasoning and roasting the nuts yourself in this recipe, make sure you purchase UNSALTED RAW nuts!
3. The recipe calls for 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne, but if you aren't a fan of spicy food, I would scale the cayenne back to 1/8 teaspoon!
4. Seasoning and roasting the nuts a few hours (or a day) in advance of serving them allow the nuts to really soak up the flavors, making them taste even better! If you prepare these in advance, allow the nuts to cool completely before transferring them to a container with a tight fitting lid.
Savory & Spicy Rosemary Roasted Mixed Nuts
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34g
Saturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 18g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.