This Honey Sesame Salmon is easy to prepare and packed with flavor! Served over an Asian black rice salad studded with edamame, red bell peppers, red onions and cilantro, and finished with a silky smooth carrot-ginger sauce, this meal is healthy, yet guaranteed to please!
1. For the most flavor, marinate the salmon overnight. If you’re pressed for time you can get away with marinating it as little as 30 minutes, but it obviously won’t be as packed with flavor.
2. You can use either black, white or a combination of sesame seeds for the salmon. I used a combination for aesthetic purposes only.
3.The carrot-ginger sauce uses sweet miso. I’ve seen it as labeled as white miso or ‘shiro’ miso, but if you aren’t sure, just look for the word 'sweet'.
4. Make sure you use a neutral flavored oil in the carrot-ginger sauce! Grapeseed, corn, canola or vegetable oil are all fine. If you use a flavored or scented oil such as olive oil, it will overpower the other ingredients.
5. If you want a sauce that is thinner, and more dressing-like in consistency, simply add in more oil (with the processor running), one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
6. The amount of time the salmon needs to bake will depend on the thickness of your salmon and your desired level of doneness. 12-15 minutes as indicated in the recipe is an approximation.
7. If you want a crispier top on your salmon, switch the oven to high broil during the last minute or two of baking. Just make sure you keep a VERY CLOSE eye on it to avoid burning!
**Nutritional Facts include everything! The salmon, rice and sauce.