This Strawberry Basil Vodka Cocktail is the perfect smooth sip for summer! A refreshing mix of fresh strawberries, herbaceous basil, crisp 7UP and subtle vodka, this libation is ideal for relaxing or entertaining!
1. The amount of sweetener needed will depend on the ripeness of your strawberries and personal preference. Start with ¼ cup agave as directed in the recipe, then taste and add more sweetener, one tablespoon at a time, until desired sweetness is achieved.
2. You can substitute honey for agave, in equal amounts, if desired.
3. While not required, I highly recommend garnishing your cocktail glasses with a sugar rim. It enhances the sweetness of the cocktail and also adds a little aesthetic flare. Just make sure you coat the rim in sugar BEFORE you muddle the basil leaves!
4. If you want a more prominent basil flavor, add a large basil leaf to the blender with the strawberries when making the syrup.
5. The strawberry syrup can be kept in a sealed container, in the refrigerator, for up to 1 week. I highly recommend you make a triple batch and have the syrup handy all summer long.
6. If alcohol isn’t your thing, you can easily make this cocktail into a mocktail! Simply omit the vodka and use more 7UP!
7. I used 7UP Regular in the cocktail pictured, but I’ve used 7UP Diet before, and it is delicious as well! Both varieties can be found at Walmart.