Crisp zucchini noodles tossed with silky Italian dressing and topped with charred corn, pungent red onions, juicy tomatoes, fresh basil and creamy burrata. This Italian Summer Zucchini Noodle Salad is the perfect side for BBQs and entertaining!
1. If you don’t have a spiralizer you can use a vegetable peeler to create long strands of zucchini. Or, you can use a sharp knife to thinly slice the zucchini lengthwise.
2. If raw vegetable noodles scare you, feel free to quickly cook them for a of couple minutes in large sauté pan. Just make sure you season them with salt and pepper, sauté, and then simply proceed with the rest of the recipe as instructed.
3. You can easily add whatever fresh summer produce you have on hand to this salad. You can substitute summer squash for the zucchini or use a combination of both. I encourage you to make this salad your own!
4. While burrata is one of my all-time favorite cheeses, and what I strongly suggest for this salad, you can substitute fresh mozzarella, ricotta or a combination of both. If you have never used burrata before, it is simply a handcrafted ball of mozzarella filled with creamy straciatella (mozzarella soaked in heavy cream). The filling kind of resembles ricotta. Burrata can normally be found in the specialty cheese section of your grocer in a tub-like packaging.
5. You can either use your favorite store bought Italian dressing, or you can make your own. I always recommend making your own so you can tailor it to your taste, and control what is going into it. But, if you’re in a pinch there ain’t no shame in the store bought stuff!
DIY Italian Dressing:
¾ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 TBS White Wine Vinegar
2 tsp Lemon Juice
1-2 tsp Granulated Sugar
1 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Dried Basil
2 TBS Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Clove Garlic
Combine all the ingredients in a blender, or food processor, and process until smooth and creamy. OR, mince the garlic and add all the ingredients to a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake jar vigorously until everything is well-combined.
Taste and adjust sweetness with sugar, and seasoning with salt and pepper.
*Nutritional Information does not include Italian Dressing since the amount used is to taste and will vary.