Quick and Easy Grilled Honey Lemon Chicken Skewers. Served over a delicate salad of arugula and basil, this skewer and salad combo is perfect for weeknight dinners and summer entertaining!
1. You can use either chicken breasts or chicken thighs for these skewers, just make sure you are using boneless, skinless chicken. Be sure to cut the chicken into cubes roughly 1 – 1 ½’’ in size. Chicken cut too small in size is prone to overcooking and drying out.
2. When you marinate the chicken, make sure you marinate it for at least 30 minutes, but since there is lemon juice in the marinade, do NOT marinate for longer than 4 or 5 hours. (The lemon juice will “cook” the meat, so if you marinate it too long the chicken will end up dry and mushy in texture)
3. If you are using wooden skewers, make sure you soak the skewers for at least 30 minutes in water to prevent them from burning on the grill!
4. I am a big fan of dipping sauces so I served my skewers with a simple Greek yogurt dip. I mixed Greek yogurt with honey, Dijon, lemon juice, salt and pepper – all to taste.
5. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the juices run clear.