This quick and easy Cannellini Bean Salad is healthy, delicious and full of flavor! This crowd pleasing salad is perfect for potlucks, parties, lunches and weeknight dinners!
entree, Salad, side
beans, Cannellini Bean, salad, white bean
Servings: 8 as side
Calories: 159 kcal
(15 ounce) cans
– drained and rinsed*
– thinly sliced or small dice
– small dice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– finely grated, plus more for garnish
Kosher Salt & Ground Black Pepper
– cut into bite sized cubes*
– finely grated
Optional Add-ins: Thinly Sliced Radish, Sweet Peas, Blanched Snow Peas and/or Asparagus
Serve with: Canned Tuna, Salmon, Grilled Chicken
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, parmesan, lemon juice and Dijon. Season generously to taste with salt and pepper. Whisk until emulsified and combined.
Marinate the white beans: Place the white beans, shallots and celery in a medium bowl. Add half of the dressing and toss to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper. Let stand for at least 15 minutes or transfer to the refrigerator to allow the flavors to marry*.
Make the croutons: Place cubed bread in a large bowl. Drizzle bread with olive oil. Sprinkle with parmesan, garlic, seasoning, ½ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Gently toss the bread to coat with oil and seasonings. Transfer bread cubes to the prepared baking sheet. Bake, tossing halfway through bake time, for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
Make the salad: Add the arugula (and any optional vegetables) to a large serving platter. Spoon the beans over the top and sprinkle with chives, croutons, and more parmesan cheese. Add in optional vegetables or protein if using. Drizzle with remaining dressing or serve it on the side. Enjoy!
- If you do not like cannellini beans or don’t have any on hand, you can substitute any variety of white bean (Great Northern, Baby Lima or Navy) in this salad.
- While peppery arugula pairs well with this white bean salad, feel free to substitute your favorite salad greens!
- For the best croutons, make sure your bread is a day or two old!
- For the best tasting white bean salad, allow the white beans to marinate in the dressing for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Leftover white bean salad should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Properly stored, it will keep for up to 3 to 5 days.
Serves: 8-10 as side
Nutritional information based on 8 servings
Cannellini Bean Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2g13%
Vitamin A 310IU6%
Vitamin C 3.9mg5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.