This simple Mushroom Marsala Cream Sauce is luxuriously rich, slightly sweet and a smidgen smokey. Serve it over steak, chicken, pork or pasta to easily elevate any dish!
Calories: 101 kcal
- 1 TBS Unsalted Butter
- ½ Medium Shallot – Fine Dice
- 5 oz Cremini , Baby Bella, or White Button Mushrooms (Or Combination of each) – Thinly Sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic – Minced
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Cup Dry Marsala
- ¼ Cup Beef Stock (unsalted)
- 1 TBS + 1 ½ tsp Heavy Cream
- ¼ tsp Dry Thyme
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley – Chopped
- Salt and Pepper – To Taste
- Low , Slow Perfectly Cooked Steak - https://www.nospoonnecessary.com/low-slow-perfectly-cooked-steak/ (or your favorite prepared Steak)
Heat a Sauté pan over Medium to Medium High Heat.
Melt Butter in Pan. Add Shallots plus a pinch of Salt. Sauté 1-2 minutes, or until softened.
Add Mushrooms to Pan. Sauté until liquid is evaporated and mushrooms are barely cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
Add Garlic and ¼ tsp Salt to Pan. Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Sprinkle Flour over Vegetables; stir to incorporate.
Reduce heat to Medium Low-Medium. Add Marsala Wine and cook until slightly reduced, about 4 - 6 minutes. Scrapping up browned bits off bottom of the pan.
Add Beef Stock; cook, again, until slightly reduced, about 7 - 10 minutes.
Stir in Cream and Thyme.
Reduce Heat to Medium- Medium Low to maintain a gentle Simmer.
Simmer 5 - 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add Parsley. Taste and adjust salt and pepper content according to taste.
Yield: 1 cup sauce
*Additional Serving Options:
The world is your oyster, this sauce is Delish straight from the pan on its own…just you, a spoon, and no shame! ;)
Mushroom Marsala Cream Sauce for Steaks
Amount Per Serving
Calories 101 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Cholesterol 25mg 8%
Sodium 358mg 15%
Potassium 373mg 11%
Total Carbohydrates 4g 1%
Protein 2g 4%
Vitamin A 5.7%
Vitamin C 0.6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.