Cool, refreshing and so delicious – this Cold Honeydew Soup features sweet honeydew, mint and your favorite sparkling wine or champagne! Garnish this chilled soup with a dollop of creme fraiche or Greek Yogurt and crunchy walnuts and you have the perfect (easy yet elegant!) soup for summer!
Hi, friends! What’s the first thing you are going to do on the first day of summer?
I can’t wait to soak up all the sun and grill all the things! The first thing I am going to do is enjoy a delicious light al fresco meal on our deck with a nice glass of white wine. Or I could combine the light meal and the wine into a two-for-one of deliciousness by whipping together this cold, white soup!
Cold Honeydew Soup: recipe overview
This honeydew melon soup is quintessential summertime scrumptiousness in a bowl. It’s cool, refreshing, effervescent, slightly sweet and all around very simple and ‘clean’ tasting. The toppings of walnuts and crème fraiche add a touch of crunch and rich creaminess. They enhance and compliment the soup, so I don’t skip them!
This chilled melon soup is also like the easiest thing on the planet to whip together and it requires NO cooking! Roughly chop up some honeydew, throw everything into your best friend, Mr. Food Processor, and blitz together. This cold summer soup is great for lunch, as an appetizer, or paired with a salad or grilled chicken for a light and healthy dinner. You could also serve this chilled honeydew soup in chilled shot glasses as an aperitif. Essentially, this soup is perfect to enjoy anytime of the day! preferably without the sound of your neighbors in the background.
Oh, I almost forgot! You can also substitute the honeydew for cantaloupe or watermelon and the champagne for a sparkling wine, Moscato or Rose. Regardless of the fruit or wine you utilize, I know you are going to love this invigoratingly delicious chilled honeydew and champagne soup! Until next time, Cheers to peace n’ quiet and happy soup slurping!
More light soup recipes!
If you love this ginger melon soup, try one of these summer soups next!
- Cold Watermelon Soup (Sweet melon soup with raspberries!)
- Tomato Basil Soup (with Caprese Grilled Cheese Croutons!)
How to make ginger honeydew soup!👇
Cold Melon Soup Recipe
- 1 (3-4 pound) Ripe Honeydew Melon – skin and seeds removed and flesh roughly cubed (should yield about 5 Cups)
- 1 TBS Lime (about ½ lime)
- ¼ Cup Sweet Cuvee Champagne (can substitute sparkling wine)
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ tsp Fresh Ginger - grated
- 2 TBS Fresh Mint leaves – roughly chopped
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 TBS Honey (can substitute pure maple syrup)
- Optional Garnishes:
- Walnuts – roughly chopped
- Crème Fraiche
- Mint Leaves
- Lime or Lemon zest
- In the bowl of a food processor, or blender, fitted with metal blade add the honeydew, lime, champagne, vanilla, ginger, mint and salt. Pulse mixture until smooth. Process mixture (let the processor run) for 1-2 minutes until soup is light and airy.
- Taste and adjust for salt; adjust for sweetness with additional honey. Transfer mixture to a bowl or large container. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 6, to allow flavors to marry.
- Pour into bowls and garnish as desired.
*Chill soup bowls for a few hours in the refrigerator for a more pleasant presentation and taste
*-Or- Reserve the hollowed out honeydew rind and use it as serving bowl for a fun presentation
*You can substitute cantaloupe for watermelon or honeydew.
*Can substitute Lemon Juice for Lime Juice
*Soup will keep, covered and stored in the refrigerator, for up to 2 days. You will need to whisk or process soup again before serving. *Nutritional Information doesn't include optional garnishes.