Hi ya’ll! No rants or ramblings today.
Just a very quick post, short and sweet, because I realized I forgot to include the BBQ sauce I served with the Rotisserie Chicken I just posted. I swear it is the blonde hair, it’s always causing me to have brain farts.
The BBQ sauce for serving, is completely optional, obviously. There are a plethora of ways to use rotisserie chicken. But I found a bunch of photos on my computer, along with the recipe, and I figured I might as well share it with you guys. PLUS, I will be using it in my next recipe post… so stay tuned.
This BBQ sauce is exactly as titled – Classic. It’s very versatile, which makes it wonderful to utilize as ‘base’ BBQ sauce you can jazz up, if you would like. Add some peach preserves, maybe some diced chipotles in adobo for a little kick, a splash of whiskey if you are feeling frisky… Do your thing. 🙂
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1 TB Molasses
- 1 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TB Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp Butter
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Granulated Onion
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- Heat a small saucepan over Medium Low Heat.
- Add all ingredients to pan, whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Gently simmer for 5-7 minutes to allow flavors to marry, stirring frequently.
- Remove from Heat. Serve with your favorite protein (Rotisserie style chicken).
Will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.