This easy to make pumpkin keg is the perfect way to add festive flare and pumpkin flavor to all your fall parties!Hi ya’ll! Hope you are parched, because it’s thirsty Thursday and I have a fantastically fun blog post for you today. How to make a pumpkin keg. Since this is a tutorial, this post is going to be light on words and laden with photos. Besides, I figured I would give you guys a break from hearing me ramble on for once.
Have you guys seen a pumpkin keg before? If not, supa sweet! I am stoked to be introducing you to a fabulous fall entertaining idea. If you have, well, one can never see, drink, or provide enough beer! 😉
Anyways, making a pumpkin keg is easy as pumpkin pie. All you need is a sharp knife, a tap, beer, and about 15 minutes of your time. Utilizing a pumpkin as a keg and filling it with beer adds a touch of pumpkin flavor to your favorite brew. Plus, it’s a great conversation piece and it is festively fun!
These DIY kegs are a perfect addition to any fall gathering, shindig or holiday party – Halloween, tailgate, or even Christmas. Simply stencil whatever floats your boat onto the front of the pumpkin or leave it plain. Then tap the pumpkin, add your beer and viola – pour yourself a cold, pumpkin flavored, one.
Enough chit chat, let’s craft a pumpkin keg.
You Will Need: Pumpkin, Tap, Beer, Mugs. (Not Pictured: Knife)
*Be sure to make the hole the same size as tap to prevent leaking*
*Make sure tap is in vertical position!*
Beers that pair well with pumpkin:
Until next time, Cheers friends – to pumpkin flavored everything! *Clink Clink*
This easy to make pumpkin keg is the perfect way to add festive flare and pumpkin flavor to all your fall parties!
- Serrated Knife
- Use a sharp, serrated knife to cut about 1/2'' off the top of the pumpkin to create a lid.
- Scoop and clean out all the innards and the seeds. Either discard or set aside to roast later.
- Use a coring tool or knife to make a hole 2-3'' above the bottom of the pumpkin. Be sure to make the hole the same size as tap to prevent leaking.
- Insert tap through the hole in pumpkin. Secure and tighten locking nut on the inside.
- Add your beer of choice, making sure tap is in vertical position.
- Replace lid. Pull handle forward to dispense beer and enjoy!