These Crockpot Asian Chicken Wings are stress-free to prepare and finger-licking good!! Fall off the bone tender wings coated in an addictive sticky, sweet and spicy Asian glaze! These wings are incredibly easy to make and always a hit at a party!!
Crockpot Asian Chicken Wings
Fair warning, these crockpot chicken wings are ridiculously addictive!
Fall off the bone tender, succulent chicken wings tossed and coated in a sticky, sweet and spicy Asian glaze. These wings have the perfect amount of sticky sweet heat and you won’t be able to stop reaching for more!
These saucy wings are full of flavor and insanely easy to make thanks to the trusty crockpot! Pop the wings in the slow cooker, set it and forget it! Since these wings are hands off to prepare, they perfect for parties, potlucks, game days or even dinner!
This Asian Chicken Wing recipe includes instructions for how to make saucy wings, sticky wings and crispier sticky glazed wings!
What are Asian chicken wings?
Asian chicken wings are tender and sticky in texture and sweet and spicy in flavor. Coated with an irresistible honey and soy sauce based sauce, these wings are addictive and perfect for parties!
Asian wings can be baked, broiled, fried or cooked in the slow cooker.
How to make wings in the crockpot?
Wings are incredibly easy to make in the crockpot or slow cooker! Set it, forget it and in 2-4 hours you have delicious wings ready to be devoured!
- Prepare the wings. Place the wings on a clean work surface and pat dry with paper towels. Season the wings liberally on both sides with salt and pepper. Transfer the wings to the crockpot.
- Prepare the sauce. In a measuring cup or small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the wings. Pour the prepared sauce over the wings and toss to evenly coat.
- Cook. Cover the crockpot and cook the wings on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Thicken the sauce (optional). Whisk together cornstarch with water and add to the slow cooker. Stir well to combine. Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 20-30 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Serve right away.
- Crisp wings (optional). Transfer the wings to a large baking sheet lined with a wire rack and broil for crispy wings. Serve right away with the sauce on the side.
Step-by-step photos of how to make wings in the slow cooker or crockpot:
How to make Asian chicken wing sauce?
Asian sauce for chicken wings is quick and easy to make! You can also serve this versatile sauce with chicken breasts, shrimp or tofu!
Asian chicken wing sauce can be made in the crockpot right along with wings, or it can be made on the stovetop!
- Crockpot chicken wing sauce: In a measuring cup, combine minced garlic, grated ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, rice vinegar and sriracha. Whisk well to combine. Pour sauce over chicken wings in crockpot. Cover and cook.
- Stovetop chicken wing sauce: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine minced garlic, grated ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, rice vinegar and sriracha. Bring mixture to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce is slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
How long to cook wings in the crockpot?
Chicken wings cooked in the crockpot come out all of the bone tender and packed with flavor!
Using the crockpot to cook wings will takes longer than baking or frying, however utilizing the slow cooker eliminates the mess of oil and baked on grease!
Chicken wings cooked in the crockpot will take approximately 2 hours to cook on high or 3-4 hours on low.
Make sure you use a thermometer to make sure wings are fully cooked. An instant read thermometer inserted into the meaty section of the wing (away from the bone) should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can you make slow cooker chicken wings from frozen?
You can cook chicken wings from frozen in the crockpot! Frozen wings will take approximately 2 ½ to 3 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low in the slow cooker. Please note that cooking wings from frozen will create more liquid and cause the sauce to be thin and watery. For best results, thaw the frozen wings overnight in the fridge before cooking.
What to serve with Asian chicken wings?
Asian wings pair well with an assortment of side dishes. Whether you are looking to include wings in an appetizer party menu, or enjoy them as a main for dinner, these Asian side dishes will round out your meal!
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Asian Carrot Dip
- Sweet and Spicy Little Smokies
- Spring Rolls
- Summer Rolls
- Asian Cucumber Salad
- Broccoli – roasted, stir-fried or steamed
- Stir-fried Cabbage
- Stir-fried Green Beans
- Asian Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Eggplant
- Fried Rice or White Rice
- Asian Stir-fried Noodles
- Asian Green Salad
- Miso Soup
- Wonton Soup
- Egg Drop Soup
Are Asian wings keto friendly and low carbs?
The sauce for Asian wings utilizes honey and cornstarch. To make this recipe keto-friendly and low in carbs use a keto brown sugar replacement instead of honey and replace cornstarch with xanthan gum.
Are Asian wings gluten free?
To ensure Asian wings recipe is gluten free, make sure you use a gluten-free soy sauce brand or replace the soy sauce with tamari. As well, make sure your oyster sauce is gluten-free.
Making chicken wings at home doesn’t have to be daunting, time consuming or messy! Set it and forget it with these easy Crockpot chicken wings!!
Until next week, friends, cheers – to finger licking chicken!
The Best Crockpot Asian Chicken Wing Recipe👇
Crockpot Asian Chicken Wings Recipe
- crockpot or slow cooker
- 2-3 pounds Chicken Wings or Drumettes (SEE NOTE)
- Kosher Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cloves Garlic – minced
- 1-inch piece Ginger – peeled and grated (OR 1 tsp Ground Ginger)
- 1/3 Cup Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Oyster Sauce
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 2 TBS Rice Vinegar
- 1-2 TBS Sriracha to taste
- 2 TBS Cornstarch
Optional Garnishes: Thinly Sliced Green Onions or Chives, Toasted Sesame Seeds, Chopped Cilantro Leaves, Lime Wedges
- Prepare wings: Place wings on a clean work surface and pat dry with paper towels. Liberally season both sides of wings with salt and pepper. Spray slow cooker insert with non-stick cooking spray and add chicken wings.
- Make sauce: In a measuring cup or small mixing bowl, combine garlic, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, vinegar and sriracha. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Whisk well to thoroughly combine.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken wings and gently toss wings to coat.
- Cook: Cover the crockpot and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or HIGH for 2 hours. (SEE NOTE) Serve wings right out of slow cooker for saucy wings, or continue on for sticky or crispier wings.
- FOR STICKY WINGS: In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 2 tablespoon of water. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker (SEE NOTE). Cover and cook on HIGH heat for 20-30 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- FOR CRISPIER STICKY GLAZED WINGS: Complete step 5 above. Preheat oven to HIGH BROILine a large baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Insert an oven safe wire rack into baking sheet. Use tongs to remove the cooked chicken wings from slow cooker and transfer them, in a single layer, to wire rack. Broil wings for 2 minutes, until sauce is starting to caramelize. Remove wings from oven and brush with more glaze. Broil again for 2 minutes or until sauce is caramelized and wings are golden crisp.
- Serve: Strain sauce using a fine mesh strainer. Garnish wings with green onions, sesame seeds and cilantro. Serve with sauce and lime wedges on the side. Serve hot and enjoy!
- If using chicken wings, use kitchen shears or a chef’s knife to separate the wing at joints into drumette, flat and wing tip. Discard wing tip and use drumettes and flats only.
- Wings are done cooking when the meat easily separates from the bone. Wings will reduce in size by about half.
- If wings are done cooking to your liking in step 5, but you want to thicken the sauce. Remove the wings from the slow cooker BEFORE adding the cornstarch and water mixture. Stir in the cornstarch mixture, cover slow cooker and cook according to recipe directions.
- You can use frozen chicken wings in this recipe. Frozen wings will take approximately 2 ½ to 3 hours on HIGH or 4-6 hours on LOW. Please note that cooking wings from frozen will create more liquid and cause the sauce to be thin and watery. For best results, thaw the frozen wings overnight in the fridge before cooking.
©No Spoon Necessary. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to reference this recipe, please do so by linking directly to this post.