These Crockpot Honey Sriracha Little Smokies are crazy addictive and ridiculously easy to make! Full of sweet and spicy flavor, these mini cocktail sausages are perfect for game days, potlucks and parties!
This post was originally published in October 2018. I’ve updated the post below to include more information about slow cooker little smokies. Plus, I’ve included a recipe video to show you how easy these crockpot cocktail sausages are to make!
Hey there, friends! Happy almost weekend!
With football season in full swing I thought it was high time I shared some epic game day grub!
But, don’t worry if you’re not a fan of the gridiron pastime, because these saucy, bite-sized bad boys are also the perfect starter for all your fall parties or a delicious appetizer for holiday entertaining!
And, these weenies can even be devoured for dinner if you’re into that kind of thing (no judgement here because Boy was very into declaring these appropriate for dinner).
Crockpot Honey Sriracha Little Smokies
Fair warning, these crockpot cocktail weenies are insanely addictive!
Plump, juicy, bite-sized cocktail sausages in a silky, sweet and spicy Asian-esque BBQ sauce laced with red pepper jelly and spiced with pungent garlic.
Spicy, smoky and sweet, these cocktail wieners only require a handful of ingredients and 10 minutes of hands on prep time to make!!
Easy and effortless to make thanks to the trusty crockpot, these cocktail sausages are perfect for potlucks, game days or holiday entertaining!
What are little smokies?
Little smokies, or Lit’l Smokies, are cocktail sausage links made from different cuts of meat. There are many different varieties of little smokies, from turkey or beef to bacon and cheddar!
Little smokies cocktail weiners can be served either as an appetizer, snack, or part of a full meal.
Are little smokies already cooked?
Yes, little smokies sausages are fully cooked! However, they do need to be reheated before eating.
Can little smokies go bad?
Since cocktail weenies are a perishable food, they can go bad. Opened packages of lil’ smookies will keep in the refrigerator for 1 week. Alternatively, they can be kept in the freezer for 1-2 months.
These crockpot little smokies can either be stored in the refrigerator, or frozen. This recipe has the same exact expiration as listed above (1 week in the fridge and 1-2 months frozen).
To reheat the cocktail sausages in the sauce, defrost them overnight in the refrigerator if frozen. Reheat either on the stove, in the oven, or in the microwave until fully heated throughout.
Where are little smokies in the grocery store?
You can purchase little sausages at most major grocery stores, or if you can’t find them locally, they can be purchased on Amazon online!
Little smokies are located with the cold cuts and hot dogs in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
How to make little smokies in the crock pot?
These saucy lil’ smokies only require a handful of ingredients and are crazy easy to make in the crockpot or slow cooker!
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, whisk together the pepper jelly through sesame oil.
- Add in the cocktail sausages and stir to combine.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 – 3 hours or LOW for 4 – 4 ½ hours, or until the sausages are warmed through. Lower heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve: Garnish with optional toppings and serve with toothpicks. Enjoy!
Packed with brown sugar, spice and everything nice, these sassy crockpot honey sriracha little smokies will definitely be the hit of your party!
Bursting with flavor, fool-proof and ridiculously easy to throw together, don’t be surprised if people start demanding you share the recipe!
Until next week, friends, cheers – to easy and effortless eats!
The best Crockpot Little Smokies recipe plus step-by-step video👇
These Crockpot Honey Sriracha Little Smokies are crazy addictive and ridiculously easy to make thanks to the crockpot! Full of sweet and spicy flavor, these mini cocktail sausages are perfect for game days, potlucks and parties!
Recipe can be scaled up or down by using the slider if you hover your mouse over the number of Servings.
- 3 (12 ounce) Packages Cocktail Sausages (Little Smokies)*
- 1 (10 ounce) Jar Pepper Jelly
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 TBS Honey
- 2-3 TBS Sriracha
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
In the bowl of a crockpot or slow cooker, whisk together the pepper jelly through sesame oil.
- Add in the sausages and stir to combine.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 - 3 hours or LOW for 4 – 4 ½ hours, or until the sausages are warmed through. Lower heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
Serve: Garnish with optional toppings and serve with toothpicks. Enjoy!
- If you like your cocktail sausages to be super saucy, you can use 2 (16 ounce) packages instead of 3 (12 ounce) packaged. So you have an idea of the amount of sauce, I used 3 packages in the photographs shown here.
- These honey sriracha little smokies can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or frozen for up to 1-2 months. To reheat the little smokies in sauce, allow them to defrost overnight in the refrigerator if frozen, and reheat either on the stove, in the oven, or in the microwave until fully heated throughout.
Nutritional information is an approximation based upon 16 servings and can vary greatly depending on the brand of products used in this recipe.
©No Spoon Necessary. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe please do not list instructions, instead link directly back to this post.