Fresh grilled corn slathered with a rich, herbaceous, light and airy avocado-sriracha butter. Take your corn to the next level of YUM with the creamy combo of avocado and sriracha! Hey-lo, friends! Wanna know a secret?
Did you just shake your head yes? Fantastic.
Okay, so it’s not a top secret kind of secret, but I’ll let you in on some truth:
I generally write all my posts a day in advance.
If you have ever visited No Spoon Necessary on a Monday or Thursday at 2:01 AM, you probably already assumed this… since my newest recipe is published at 2 AM and up on the interwebs for your viewing pleasure. And heck no am I awake at that hour. I’m entirely too old for those late night shenanigans.
So what does this mean and why in the world is it relevant to you?
Well, it means if I tell you I am taking the entire weekend to myself and not working, I’m lying. 👼 Because I have to at least sit down on Sunday and bang out a few hundred words for a post and get the photos locked and loaded on this here site. It also means that today is Wednesday, and it happens to be Boy and I’s 10 year anniversary… our 10 years together anniversary, not our married anniversary (we have been married exactly 6 ½ years today, in case you were curious).
I’m not one for a whole lot of sap, that’s not really my style, but in the spirit of anniversaries, I want to thank Boy for dealing with me for a decade… sometimes I can be a bit… well, I can be a lot. 😉
So thank you, Boy!
Oh, and thank you for everything you have done for No Spoon Necessary… the endless trips to the grocery store, sifting through piles of produce for the best looking lime, lemon or herbs; all your fantastic hand modeling (see below for proof ⬇️), helping me choose photos at the end of the day… thank you for all your support.
You are the best, Blue and I love you. <–Ha! I rhymed! Two cool points for me. No? Okay. I’ll stop talking now. 😒Alright, that’s about all the mush I can put out into the universe. Let’s talk about food! And not just any food… one of my favorite foods of the summer season – CORN!
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Avocado-Sriracha Butter
Please tell me you have been grilling all the corn humanly possible this summer. You have? Oh good, we can remain friends. ✋High Five.
Fresh corn kissed with the smoky char of the grill is what summer is ALL about. It’s simply EVERYTHING, right?!
Well, grilled corn on the cob is about to get 5.643 million times better. Enter, AVOCADO-SRIRACHA BUTTER.
You guys, this butter is bomb. Herbaceous, rich, luscious, moderately spicy and super creamy, with a light and airy whipped texture. This stuff is avocado at its finest. And it is culinary crack-like deliciously addictive when generously slathered on some fresh grilled corn. A-MAIZE-ING.
Finish the corn off with a good squeeze of tart, acidic lime, an extra dusting of sriracha powder and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro…
- I used sriracha powder in my avocado butter, but if you can’t find sriracha powder, or don’t want to use it, you can use regular ‘ole bottled sriracha just the same.
- How much sriracha you add to your butter will depend on your taste. I used a heaping teaspoon of sriracha powder in mine and my butter was moderately spicy. If you don’t like a lot of heat, I’d start with ¼ to a ½ a teaspoon. If you like want your butter blazin’ hot, I recommend starting with 1 ½ teaspoons of sriracha. Either way, you should add the sriracha to taste.
- I used a food processor to make my avocado-sriracha butter, because I wanted a smooth, light and airy butter. However, if you want a chunkier butter, you can use a food processor and pulse the ingredients together, or you can use a bowl and fork to mash the ingredients together.
Until next week friends, cheers – to gettin’ corny with it. <– Sorry, I HAD to.
Fresh grilled corn slathered with a rich, herbaceous, light and airy avocado-sriracha butter. Take your corn to the next level of YUM with the creamy combo of avocado and sriracha!
- 10 Ears Corn
- 2-3 Limes – quartered, for serving
- 2 Avocados – seeded, peeled and chopped
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter – softened & cut into 8 pieces
- 1 Lime – juiced (about 2 TBS)
- 1 Clove Garlic – smashed
- 2 TBS Fresh Cilantro , packed – roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp Sriracha Powder , or more to taste*
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- Preheat grill to medium. Peel back the husks of corn leaving them intact at the root. Remove the silks and recover the corn with the husks. Soak corn in a large bowl of cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Avocado-Sriracha Butter: Place all ingredients for the butter in a food processor. Process until well combined.* Taste and adjust for seasoning. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Remove corn from water, gently shaking off excess.
- Place corn on the grill, close lid and grill for 7-8 minutes, rotating halfway through for even cooking. Remove from grill and pull back the husk (or completely remove it) and return corn to the gill. Continue grilling corn, turning occasionally, until all sides of corn are charred, about 7-8 additional minutes.
- Remove corn to serving platter and generously brush with the avocado-sriracha butter. Top with a squeeze of lime. Optional - sprinkle with fresh cilantro and sriracha for garnish.
*1 teaspoon of sriracha powder will make the avocado butter slightly spicy. If you don’t like a lot of spice, use ¼ to ½ tsp. If you are a huge fan of spicy, add ¼ tsp or more to taste.
*You can substitute liquid sriracha if you don’t have the powder.
*If you want a chunky avocado-sriracha butter, instead of processing the butter, simply pulse the ingredients to combine. Or you can use a bowl and a fork to mash ingredients together.
You Might Also Like: