Bacon+chives+garlic+cream cheese × two everything bagel halves = Tru Love 4 Eva.
Would it be weird if I got that tattooed around my scrawny bicep?
Cream cheese… oh my sweet love.
Soft & creamy in texture, mild in taste; making it a perfect ingredient to combine with additional flavors; melts just slow enough for me to savor how freakin’ delicious you taste… how I LOVE you.
Take that wonderfulness and combine it with salty, crispy bacon, a sprinkling of freshly cut chives, pungent, minced garlic to ward off vampires… foe-get-about-it! I’m puddy in your hands!
Then smear it on the everything bagel I posted ( https://www.nospoonnecessary.com/ny-style-everything-bagel/ )… it gives a whole new meaning to food-gasim. Turn my phone off, I’m busy…shoveling this stuff into my mouth by the heaping spoonful, type of busy. Can’t be bothered, leave a message at the beep… BEEP!.. kind of busy.
I obviously enjoyed this in copious amounts, spread on multiple everything flavored bagels. However, it is equally delicious and enjoyable as a dip, spread on crackers, mixed in with cooked chicken to create a creamy chicken salad. Or you could combine it with cooked crab, stuff it inside a wonton wrapper; then bake those off for a lighter, better version of a crab ragoon. Really, the options for utilizing this flavored cream cheese are only limited to your imagination.
Ultimately, I would suggest substituting this in place of anything that calls for plain cream cheese, yogurt, sour cream….
Just replace it… promise you wont regret it!
So as I say that… lets take this one step further… for the UBER health nut. No offense meant… I am always looking for a way to cut some calories here and there, WITHOUT substituting flavor.
For the HEALTH NUT: (Who wants to indulge slightly on their ‘cheat’ day with a little bit of carb love; but in no way can justify also having cream cheese spread atop that temptress of a bagel….)
Adjustments for the health lover in you, Substitute:
*Greek Yogurt for 1/2 half of the reduced fat cream cheese
*Use Turkey Bacon Slices instead of regular bacon. Turkey Bacon not your thing? Or you simply do not want to substitute Bacon, use center cut… it is a healthier cut.
Bacon Chive Cream Cheese
- 8 Oz . Regular or 1/3rd Reduced Fat Cream Cheese – at Room Temperature
- 1 Oz . Vodka (can substitute White Wine, Gin, Sake… really whatever is clear in color and you fancy)
- 10 Slices Bacon – Cooked until very crispy and crumbly
- ½ Cup Chives – Finely Chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic - Minced
- ½ Heaping tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Place Cream Cheese in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add Vodka and mix thoroughly to soften Cream Cheese.
- Add remaining Ingredients and mix, using a spatula and scraping the sides of the mixing bowl, until well combined.
- **alternatively, you can use a food processor. I don’t, because I just find this as more dishes to clean… and I HATE more pots, pans, plates, blades, etc. to clean. Ick!!**
- Place bowl in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap (or transfer to a tuber ware) and allow flavors to marry for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with Bagels https://www.nospoonnecessary.com/ny-style-everything-bagel/