This Peach Strawberry Sorbet Rosé Float is a classy, adult twist on root beer floats. Featuring fruity sorbet and pink champagne along with flavorful liqueur, these wine floats are fun and refreshing, plus they double as cocktails and dessert!
Hi, friends! I don’t know about you, but I love summers. The produce – those vibrant fruits, plump berries and juicy tomatoes, oh my – is just so glorious and delicious! All I want to do is bask in the summer sun. And, stuff my face with all the fabulous fruits, dreamy ice cream flavors and all the things spectacularly summer! Who’s with me? Because, we are starting with an icy-cold strawberry float!
Champagne and Sorbet Strawberry Float
AKA festive, fizzy summer fun that can double as cocktails AND dessert!
This dessert-style luxurious libation is light and refreshing with quadruple scoops of fabulously fruity, luscious peach and strawberry sorbet, topped off with aromatic liqueur and effervescent, sweet rosé.
The taste is bomb dot com, but my favorite part of this ice cream float?
It’s like a real life cocktail transformer.
starts off as a grownup, fizzy sundae you eat with a spoon, and then it magically changes, as the sorbet starts to melt, into a silky smooth, rich cocktail perfect for guzzling.
It is STUPENDOUS.
And you just shouldn’t celebrate summer without a Sorbet Rosé Float…. or five. 😉
Tips for making the best strawberry floats
- You can substitute Granita, Italian Ice or Sherbet for the Sorbet if desired. Granita and Italian Ice will yield the most similar texture float as sorbet. If you use sherbet you will have a creamier textured float since sherbet contains dairy.
- You can substitute prosecco or plain champagne for the rosé if desired.
- The liqueur is optional, but recommended! I have used both Blood Orange Liqueur and Elderflower Liqueur when making these floats and both are delicious. Blood orange liqueur will add a velvety sweetness along with notes of orange and raspberry to the float. Elderflower Liqueur will add warm floral notes to the float.
- You can either purchase sorbet or make it yourself. I’ve included instructions to DIY sorbet in the notes section of the recipe below.
Kids shouldn’t have all the summer fun! Add these boozy dessert floats to your summer celebration line up! But don’t forget to bookmark, or Pin, these for New Years Eve, Valentine’s Day and ALL your celebratory soirees! Sorbet Rosé Floats shouldn’t just be limited to summer.
Until next week, friends, cheers – to float #adulting.
More wine cocktail recipes!
If you love this icy cold strawberry float, try one of these bubbly cocktails next!
- How to make a Mimosa (Make your own champagne cocktail!)
- 007 Champagne Cocktail (James Bond Cocktail, plus the French 75!)
- Homemade Sangria (featuring fresh summer berries and sparkling wine!)
How to make Pink Champagne Strawberry Sorbet Float at home👇
Peach Strawberry Sorbet Float
- 4 Scoops Peach Sorbet *
- 4 Scoops Strawberry Sorbet *
- 1 (750 ml) Bottle Rosé
- 4 TBS St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur , or Blood Orange Liqueur
Optional Garnish: thinly sliced lemon, strawberries, mint leaves
- Add two scoops of peach sorbet to two wine glasses, followed by two scoops of strawberry sorbet.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons of liqueur and fill with rosé.
- Garnish with slices of lemon, strawberries and mint leaves if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!