Bubbly, sweet, refreshing Champagne Sangria loaded with fresh blood orange, pomegranate arils and strawberries. This is the perfect cocktail to celebrate Valentine’s Day! Hi Friends! How’s your week going?
I know most of you are gearing up for the big game this weekend, but over here in www dot NSN dot com land, I’m still in full throttle $1,000 Valentine’s Day Amazon gift card giveaway mode. I mean, that’s a lot of cash, it needs two full weeks of dedicated posts.
You feel me?
Silly question, you obviously do.
But, in case you are still in need of some game day grub, I did do a “huddle” of fifty fantastic football recipes last year. So feel free to click here and check out the good eats, if so inclined.
Too bad I can’t win a giveaway I am part of hosting, because I already know what I would do with it.
I have had my eye on a tilt-shift lens for over a year now, so I would most definitely put the money towards that. In case you are a camera geek like myself, or a fellow food blogger, do you have this lens? If so please tell me if you love it, or if I should not waste my money! Since today is #ThirstyThursday, I felt it only appropriate to share a luscious, flirty libation for you and your Valentine.
Blood Orange, Pomegranate & Strawberry Champagne Sangria.
This gorgeous cocktail is the perfect pour for Valentine’s Day.
This sangria is bubbly, effervescent, refreshing and loaded with fresh fruit. The pomegranate arils and slices of blood orange and strawberries add sweet, tropical nuances to the sangria. Plus they taste delicious once they have soaked up all the champagne and liqueur, so I recommend having a spoon or fork ready for fruit fishing. 😉While the colors and bubbles make this sangria a Valentine’s Day no-brainer, it would also be a great addition to Sunday brunch!
Smooth and easy to sip (or gulp), I know you guys are going to love this Champagne Sangria. Until next week, friends, Cheers- to champagne wishes.
P.S. Don’t forget to scroll ALL THE WAY down past the recipe and enter the Valentine’s Day Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!!
Bubbly, sweet, refreshing Champagne Sangria loaded with fresh blood orange, pomegranate arils and strawberries. The perfect cocktail to celebrate your Valentine!
- 1 Pound Strawberries – hulled and sliced
- 1 Pomegranate Arils
- 2 (750 ml) Bottles Champagne
- 2 Blood Oranges
- ½ Cup Pomegranate Juice
- ¼ Cup Blood Orange Liqueur (can substitute orange liqueur)
- Sugar Cubes (can substitute 4 TBS of agave or sugar substitute)
- ½ Cup Sprite (I used diet. can substitute club soda)
- Whole strawberries – hulled
- Blood Oranges – sliced into half moons
- Sugar for rim
- In a large pitcher, add strawberries and pomegranate arils. Add in juice of blood oranges, pomegranate juice, and blood orange liqueur (and sweetener if using agave or substitute). Pour in champagne.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow flavors to marry for at least 4 hours, up to 12.
- To serve, add sprite to sangria and stir. (optional: Garnish glass rims with sugar and a strawberry.) Drop a sugar cube in the bottom of each glass. Pour in sangria.
*If using ice - add ice to glasses and not to pitcher of sangria. Ice in the pitcher will cause the sangria to become watery.
*Recipe can easily be halved for 4 servings.
You Might Also Like: