This Strawberry Key Limeade Cocktail is packed with fruity, fresh flavors and finished with champagne and vodka. This sweet, tart, refreshing drink is effervescent and perfect for summer! Also includes an option to turn this summer drink into a mocktail!
I wish life was always as merry and beautiful as this Strawberry Key Limeade Cocktail.
I wish all of the moments we share and the memories we make were like one big party in a glass.
I wish what I had to write about today, and every day, on this blog was as bubbly and effervescent as this drink.
Unfortunately, that is not reality. And, what I have to share is not as festively fun as the flavors of this libation.
On Wednesday morning, I lost my best friend, my furry four legged child who has been with me through thick and thin.
She was the Thelma to my Louise, the tater to my tot, the wind in my sail, the apple of my eye and the ball of fur constantly at my feet.
She was fiercely loyal, compassionate, stubborn, loving, playful, and the light of my life. She was everything to me.
Unless you have, or had, dogs, you won’t really understand the devastating loss of wo-man’s best friend. Sheer devastation doesn’t do justice to accurately describing the void in my heart.
However, today’s post is very fitting. For one, it is the last thing I photographed with her
by my side at my feet. Secondly, I’d like to raise a glass of this strawberry key limeade to her.
Thank you for bringing light into my life during difficult times and when all I saw was darkness.
Thank you for all the stinky, wet kisses.
Thank you for all the joy you brought to my life.
You will be missed more than words, but you will always remain My Girl. Rest in peace, my beloved Tater Tot.
With that said, a lump in my throat and a very heavy heart, let’s discuss something more cheerful…
Strawberry Key Limeade Cocktail
This libation is sweet, tart, and refreshingly delicious.
This fruity cocktail is the liquid embodiment of spring and summer with a boozy touch.
It’s the perfect way to start and end your weekend, and let’s be honest, it’s also perfect to sip or gulp on all the days there after.
And, in case you are too young to consume alcohol, or simply want a virgin rendition of this drink, it can easily be made into a non-alcoholic mocktail! Hooray! Simply replace the champagne and vodka with Sprite, Sparkling Water, Club Soda, or a combination of the three.
Join me in stirring up some refreshing, fizzy fun with this Strawberry Key Limeade Cocktail recipe.
Let’s cheers and celebrate the loves in our life. Both the present- to never be taken for granted, and the past- to never be forgotten.
How to make a Strawberry Key Limeade Cocktail at home👇
Strawberry Key Limeade Cocktail
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries – quarter or halved (depending on size)
- 1 Cup Key Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Strawberry Vodka
- 1 Cup Champagne (or Sparkling Wine)
- Optional for Serving: Strawberries, Key Lime Wedges, Ice Cubes or Crushed Ice
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil. Cook until water turns clear. (This should happen immediately). Remove from heat.
- Add strawberries and let seep in sugar water (simple syrup) for at least 20 minutes, or until syrup is room temperature.
- Use an immersion blender to puree strawberry simple syrup, or transfer syrup to a blender to puree. Transfer to a fine mesh strainer placed over a large pot or container and strain syrup. Discard strawberry seeds.
- To strawberry simple syrup add key lime juice, vodka and champagne.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour in strawberry key-limeade cocktail. Garnish with strawberries and key lime wedges. Enjoy immediately.
This Post is Dedicated In Loving Memory to Lucy