Bakery style jumbo muffins speckled with tart fresh cranberries and packed with sweet white chocolate chips. These beauties are perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack time or dessert! Happy week of Christmas, ya’ll. How goes it? Are all the stockings hung from the chimney, presents beautifully wrapped, halls decked, and are all things merry and bright?
Or are you unfortunately like me this year? No stockings, no tree, not a strand of lights in sight and four measly decorations Hey, better than none! I didn’t even wrap anything this year… I simply decided gift cards for all. (<– Spoiler alert if you are related to me)
In case you are new to this blog, please don’t judge me! We have had one hellova year. Both my fur-daughter and my grandmother passed away, Boy has had 3 jobs, we moved states, and I recently celebrated the 3 year anniversary of my father’s death. I deserve a little slack this holiday season, just sayin’. BUT, I did finally manage to bake something! Woot-woot! I know, took me long enough, but I finally got my bake on. I feel like we should focus on the positive. Mmm-kay?
Once I put my holiday big girl panties on and decided to start baking, I baked a lot. But, most of it was soul baking as my friend, Allie, likes to call it. It involved baking for myself… baking because it gets me back to my happy place, baking things that I like to bake, baking goodies for Boy and not for the blog.
But, after I covered myself (and the floors) in flour, I decided I was ready to bake something for you. And, I knew I couldn’t just bake you dozens of chocolate chip cookies, I wanted to bake you guys something special. Something blog worthy. Something utterly delicious.
So I did just that.
Jumbo Bakery Style Cranberry & White Chocolate Chip Muffins. These babies are large and in charge… and will give any bakery a run for their dang money. They are soft, moist, and seriously scrumptious. These oversized muffins are studded with tart fresh cranberries, loaded with melty, sweet white chocolate chips and finished with sparkly decorative sugar.
These muffins are worth waking up for and they would definitely make the perfect addition to your Christmas morning. Not only are these cranberry and white chocolate chip muffins divine in the taste department, they couldn’t be any easier to whip together. While they aren’t a one bowl type of muffin, they only require a meager two. And, no stand mixer is required.
Simply mix your dry ingredients in one bowl, your wet in another, fold together, and add the cranberries and white chocolate chips. Then you are off to the
races oven. Go pour yourself a cup of coffee or eggnog, snuggle by the fire and 30 minutes later you have warm, fluffy, flavorful bakery style muffins that will make your heart go pitter patter.So, what are you waiting for? Grab your jumbo muffin pan and mix together these muffins. They are good for the soul and for your belly. Plus, your family will love you for it! Until next time**, Cheers – to soulful baking.
**Since Christmas Eve is on my regular Thursday post date, I will be posting on Wednesday. Make sure you stop by, because I have THE perfect Christmas cocktail for you!!
Bakery style jumbo muffins speckled with tart fresh cranberries and packed with sweet white chocolate chips. These beauties are perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack time or dessert!
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour – leveled
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Large Eggs – room temperature
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk (preferably Buttermilk or 2%)
- ½ Cup Canola Oil (can substitute Vegetable Oil)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ Cups Cranberries , fresh or frozen defrosted – coarsely chopped
- ¾ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Coarse Decorative Sugar – for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray the cavities of a jumbo muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside
- In a large sized bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar. Add in the milk, oil and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined and pale yellow in color.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to gently mix everything together, being careful to mix until flour is just combined. *The batter should still be lumpy*
- Gently fold in the cranberries and white chocolate.
- Pour the muffin batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each tin all the way to the top. Sprinkle the tops of batter with decorative sugar.
- Transfer muffins to the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Without opening the oven door, reduce heat to 375 degrees F and continue baking for 25 minutes, or until tops are slightly golden brown and the centers are set. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan 10 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and enjoy!
*Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction
*Muffins are best the same day, however they may be stored at room temperature, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days.
*Muffins can be frozen for up to 3 months.